Edinburgh          H6 A8          +7

Glasgow             H7  A7         +6

Ipswich               H7 A8         +2

Berwick              H10 A7        +1

Newcastle         H7 A6            0

Scunthorpe        H8 A8          -3

Redcar               H8 A9          -7

Sheffield            H10 A8      -15

Provided Workington can get their home meetings in, it looks very much like three of the top four are more or less done and dusted. Crucial weekend for the two Scottish teams - here's hoping that all riders stay safe this weekend.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyE said:

A further update:

Workington        H5 A8        +12

Lakeside             H9 A8        +11

Peterborough    H9 A8         +11

Edinburgh          H6 A8          +7

Glasgow             H7  A7         +6

Ipswich               H7 A8         +2

Scunthorpe        H8 A8          -3

Provided Workington can get their home meetings in, it looks very much like three of the top four are more or less done and dusted. Crucial weekend for the two Scottish teams - here's hoping that all riders stay safe this weekend.

To be picky, I think Lakeside should be H7 (STG Newc/Pet/Glas) and A7 (STG Work/Newc/Edi).

7 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

To be picky, I think Lakeside should be H7 (STG Newc/Pet/Glas) and A7 (STG Work/Newc/Edi).

Spot on - the perils of cutting and pasting - now corrected - although also out of date following tonight's meetings. So here is the updated version:

Lakeside             H7 A7        +11

Edinburgh          H7 A8          +7

Glasgow             H7  A8         +6

Ipswich               H7 A9         +6

Scunthorpe        H9 A8          -6

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Spot on - the perils of cutting and pasting - now corrected - although also out of date following tonight's meetings. So here is the updated version:

Lakeside             H7 A7        +11

Edinburgh          H7 A8          +7

Glasgow             H7  A8         +6

Ipswich               H7 A9         +6

Scunthorpe        H9 A8          -6

And I think Berwick are on 0, not +1 !  

Pedant

1 hour ago, Tapeworm said:

No. I calculate that two 4 point away wins plus two 2 point away draws less two 3 point home losses = +6.

OOPS!

Of course you're right - my brain didn't register they have 2 away draws not 2 points worth of away draws.

My apologies.

(Maybe my arithmetic was based on wishful thinking!)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
As at Sunday 2nd September, also showing remaining fixtures and dates where known:-

1  Workington +12      - Red(H) 8th, New(H) 8th, Pet(H) 14th, New(A) 16th, Lak(H) TBA 
2= Peterborough +11 - Lak(A) 8th, Ber(H) 9th, Wor(A) 14th.
2= Lakeside +11         - Edin(A) 7th, Pet(H) 8th, Gla(H) 14th, New(H) 15th, Wor(A) TBA 
4   Edinburgh +8          - Lak(H) 7th, Gla(A) 11th, Ber(H) 14th.
5= Ipswich +6             - Gla(A) 4th, Ber(H) 6th, Gla(H) 13th.
5= Glasgow +6           - Ips(H) 4th, Edi(H) 11th, Ips(A) 13th, Lak(A) 14th.
7= Berwick 0              - Ips(A) 6th, Pet(A) 9th, Edi(A) 14th.
7= Newcastle 0         - Wor(A) 8th, Scu(H) 9th, Lak(A) 15th, Wor(H) 16th.
9   Scunthorpe -6      - New(A) 9th.
10 Redcar -7             - She(H) 7th, Wor(A) 8th.
11 Sheffield -14        - Red(A) 7th.    
E&OE

Cut off for play-offs is at midnight on 16th. A few teams will be praying for no rain offs of home fixtures, especially Workington on 8th and Lakeside on 14th/15th, as unconcluded home fixtures will count as -3 each on this table, and there are few options for re-staging. Could be quite a rumpus coming from Cumbria after their enforced mid-season fixtures alterations!

Squeaky derriere time!

Edited by Tapeworm
correction of error in Wor/Pet venue

2 hours ago, TonyE said:

Logic says extend the cut off date.

It has been already hasnt it ? - from 9th to 16th

3 hours ago, Tapeworm said:
As at Sunday 2nd September, also showing remaining fixtures and dates where known:-

1  Workington +12      - Red(H) 8th, New(H) 8th, Pet(A) 14th, New(A) 16th, Lak(H) TBA 
2= Peterborough +11 - Lak(A) 8th, Ber(H) 9th, Wor(A) 14th.
2= Lakeside +11         - Edin(A) 7th, Pet(H) 8th, Gla(H) 14th, New(H) 15th, Wor(A) TBA 
4   Edi +8                      - Lak(H) 7th, Gla(A) 11th, Ber(H) 14th.
5= Ipswich +6             - Gla(A) 4th, Ber(H) 6th, Gla(H) 13th.
5= Glasgow +6           - Ips(H) 4th, Edi(H) 11th, Ips(A) 13th, Lak(A) 14th.
7= Berwick 0              - Ips(A) 6th, Pet(A) 9th, Edi(A) 14th.
7= Newcastle 0         - Wor(A) 8th, Scu(H) 9th, Lak(A) 15th, Wor(H) 16th.
9   Scunthorpe -6      - New(A) 9th.
10 Redcar -7             - She(H) 7th, Wor(A) 8th.
11 Sheffield -14        - Red(A) 7th.    
E&OE

Cut off for play-offs is at midnight on 16th. A few teams will be praying for no rain offs of home fixtures, especially Workington on 8th and Lakeside on 14th/15th, as unconcluded home fixtures will count as -3 each on this table, and there are few options for re-staging. Could be quite a rumpus coming from Cumbria after their enforced mid-season fixtures alterations!

Squeaky derriere time!

err , Workington fixture v Peterborough is not an away fixture , its @ workington .

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/fixture-confirmation/

Not sure if I am reading this correct but I think this article means that the Lakeside vs Peterborough match won't be held before the cut off date.  I also cannot see how Workington vs Lakeside will be held before the cut off date.  This means Lakeside will only manage 3 more meetings, away to Edinburgh and then home to Glasgow and Newcastle.  If they fail to get any points at Edinburgh on Friday that would mean they are vulnerable when they should be stick on for the play offs.

Weather permitting they look like the only 2 meetings featuring the top 7 that won't fit in before the cut off assuming it is 16th September?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scotchopper said:

Not sure if I am reading this correct but I think this article means that the Lakeside vs Peterborough match won't be held before the cut off date.  I also cannot see how Workington vs Lakeside will be held before the cut off date.  This means Lakeside will only manage 3 more meetings, away to Edinburgh and then home to Glasgow and Newcastle.  If they fail to get any points at Edinburgh on Friday that would mean they are vulnerable when they should be stick on for the play offs.

Weather permitting they look like the only 2 meetings featuring the top 7 that won't fit in before the cut off assuming it is 16th Septem

Dodgy weather forecast for Armadale on Friday atm - wonder if they will try to lay the  track covers beforehand, as they did last Season, I think against Ippo?

As the Hammers will not now have a fixture on the Saturday,  perhaps this  date should also be pencilled in as a contingency date at Armadale, should Friday fall foul of the rain?

14 hours ago, scotchopper said:

Weather permitting they look like the only 2 meetings featuring the top 7 that won't fit in before the cut off assuming it is 16th September?

This Lakeside situation is just a shambles,they would be as closing the doors after the cut -off date if they don't make it through.They will still be racing in Dec the way things have gone.

• Like 1

Just the typical farcical end to the cut off as happens every year...............

Quite incredible ............. the warmest driest summer in history .............  and everyone only had to arrange 10 home meetings to arrange ...........  frankly there are no excuses for anyone not completing by the 16th

And actually I think it would be the best thing for the sport if a team doesn't get into the playoffs due to its inability to complete them in time......

The cut off date should be clearly stated at the beginning of the season and stuck too only exception if its a wet summer and there are many rain offs ......

geez the league cup semi's haven't been done ......... and the 1st round of the knock out cup still not completed

why promoters want to race in freezing October with lights on .....  as opposed to the summer in the daylight is beyond me ...... well done Berwick for completing their league during August

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Just the typical farcical end to the cut off as happens every year...............

Quite incredible ............. the warmest driest summer in history .............  and everyone only had to arrange 10 home meetings to arrange ...........  frankly there are no excuses for anyone not completing by the 16th

And actually I think it would be the best thing for the sport if a team doesn't get into the playoffs due to its inability to complete them in time......

The cut off date should be clearly stated at the beginning of the season and stuck too only exception if its a wet summer and there are many rain offs ......

geez the league cup semi's haven't been done ......... and the 1st round of the knock out cup still not completed

why promoters want to race in freezing October with lights on .....  as opposed to the summer in the daylight is beyond me ...... well done Berwick for completing their league during August

Spot on from start to finish , farcical is the only way to describe it.

• Like 2