British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 4/7/18

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

@Phil The Ace put on Facebook :

"Getting alot of stick for my behaviour towards starman over on BSF apparently. And rightly so. I apologise to him and anyone else I offended. If anyone's on there fan they please put on my apology. As I have been banned from there"

Fair play. Now we can all move on. Water under the bridge now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eric said:

Fair play. Now we can all move on. Water under the bridge now.

Im pleased to see this , yes we can move on. We all stick up for our clubs and rightly so, sometimes some might go a little to far in that respect.
But we, all the fans now have our own fight, we all need to come together for the good of british speedway in this country, im probably like all of us not liking whats going on at the top, and im affraid this has got to change, there needs to be a big shake up in the management committee positions,  Somebody a KL fan on the Chapman thread kindly put up what he and  we all probably think,
Love him or loath him from a Poole point of view, we now have the posibillity of Matt ford walking away from British speedway, and that doesnt sit good with me, yes there are other problems in british speedway, but the root of the problem imo is at the top, and this needs to change. Somebody i gather mentioned starting up a petition to stop Matt from walking away, i totally agree with that, i also feel very strongly, that changes should be made at the top of the management comittee...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

What we need at the top of the sport are people who can look beyond the interests of their own club and see what is required for the good of every club. The problem is whether such a person, or group of people, exist within the BSPA. They must be able to put aside self interest and have the vision and ability to solve the many issues that have brought about the current situation.

I see Matt Ford as someone who has always put the interests of Poole first and sometimes to the detriment of the sport as a whole, so I certainly don't see him as the person we now need. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rob B said:

@Phil The Ace put on Facebook :

"Getting alot of stick for my behaviour towards starman over on BSF apparently. And rightly so. I apologise to him and anyone else I offended. If anyone's on there fan they please put on my apology. As I have been banned from there"

Terrific apology that. 

Still waiting on an apology from Starman2006 for his “you reap what you sow” comment about fallen/injured riders. 

Won’t hold my breath though. It seems if you have a blue & white badge in your car you can come out with any vile comment without reproach. 

Sad times. 

• Like 5

Must admit don't understand this defending our clubs no matter what from some users.

I'm one of the first to criticise the club's I'm involved with when things aren't right. But will defend when accusations are untrue, and some of the things Poole are accused of is astonishing to say the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Im pleased to see this , yes we can move on. We all stick up for our clubs and rightly so, sometimes some might go a little to far in that respect.
But we, all the fans now have our own fight, we all need to come together for the good of british speedway in this country, im probably like all of us not liking whats going on at the top, and im affraid this has got to change, there needs to be a big shake up in the management committee positions,  Somebody a KL fan on the Chapman thread kindly put up what he and  we all probably think,
Love him or loath him from a Poole point of view, we now have the posibillity of Matt ford walking away from British speedway, and that doesnt sit good with me, yes there are other problems in british speedway, but the root of the problem imo is at the top, and this needs to change. Somebody i gather mentioned starting up a petition to stop Matt from walking away, i totally agree with that, i also feel very strongly, that changes should be made at the top of the management comittee...

I don’t either love or loath MF and he must do as he sees fit for his own future, whilst ensuring the best interests of Poole Speedway is not compromised. I fully agree that the structure of UK Speedway needs a complete overhaul with totally independent oversight and regulation of each and every element of the sport including the “promoters”. I think we’ve all had enough of the antics of the BSPA and it’s “self licking lollipop” approach to the way the sport is run in the UK. It’s long overdue for a major restructure!!!!

8 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

All this talk regarding the future of speedway should not be on this thread, the mods should move it to the cooect one which could get a larger readership.

The tangent only came about following the mudslinging and subsequent apologies, you managed to find it ok.  Larger readership will just lead to another spat once the usual suspects get stuck in.

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

i also feel very strongly, that changes should be made at the top of the management comittee

We are boringly and regularly told that the BSPA can internally vote for XYZ idea or person and bring about changes quite easily but I really don't believe that it is so straightforward or changes for the better would have been made long before this. No group of business men & women could be so stupid as to watch for over 10 years while their business melted away. Could they?

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Matt Fraud is the cause of a lot of the problems with his selfish, win at all costs, cheating attitude, would be for the best if he did throw it in.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve0 said:

While I don’t condone his tweet, PhiltheAce is usually a good contributor to this forum - interesting that it was the troll who “stirred the pot” - but it was there for anyone to see if they felt that way inclined.  To be banned for calling someone an idiot does seem a bit harsh but those are the rules.  Think it’s best to move on...

He actually wished him dead Steve0, and some of his tweets are plain disgusting and verging on criminal. I have just blocked the vile tube, end of story ..

4 hours ago, ouch said:

Terrific apology that. 

Still waiting on an apology from Starman2006 for his “you reap what you sow” comment about fallen/injured riders. 

Won’t hold my breath though. It seems if you have a blue & white badge in your car you can come out with any vile comment without reproach. 

Sad times. 

You show me where i i stated fallen or injured riders. You are very quick to have a dig, but when the boot is on the other foot you do not like it.

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

We are boringly and regularly told that the BSPA can internally vote for XYZ idea or person and bring about changes quite easily but I really don't believe that it is so straightforward or changes for the better would have been made long before this. No group of business men & women could be so stupid as to watch for over 10 years while their business melted away. Could they?

As i said in an earlier post, i think it is now time that the fans gave the management comittee top man a vote of no confidence, that doesnt mean stop going to speedway, just make it well known of our feelings. before its to late.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aviator said:

I don’t either love or loath MF and he must do as he sees fit for his own future, whilst ensuring the best interests of Poole Speedway is not compromised. I fully agree that the structure of UK Speedway needs a complete overhaul with totally independent oversight and regulation of each and every element of the sport including the “promoters”. I think we’ve all had enough of the antics of the BSPA and it’s “self licking lollipop” approach to the way the sport is run in the UK. It’s long overdue for a major restructure!!!!

And a change at the top...

I agree, so HOW do we organise a national petition of fans who support a NO Confidence motion in Keith Chapman as Chairperson of the BSPA? I have organised paper ones but not online digital ones. Anyone can help us? And let's hear from others re a Thumbs Up OR a Thumbs Down on the idea.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You show me where i i stated fallen or injured riders. You are very quick to have a dig, but when the boot is on the other foot you do not like it.

Don’t play the I don’t remember card. 

You are a disgrace!!!

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I agree, so HOW do we organise a national petition of fans who support a NO Confidence motion in Keith Chapman as Chairperson of the BSPA? I have organised paper ones but not online digital ones. Anyone can help us? And let's hear from others re a Thumbs Up OR a Thumbs Down on the idea.

Great idea , and 100% agree.

Time for a change at the top of British speedway