British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 4/7/18

Next Wednesday the Pirates are in action  against the Aces in what will be another tough meeting for Poole.

This season has so far not been great with riders underperforming and the track changing from week to week. 

Changes are needed to try and kick start the season and get us  off the bottom of the table. 

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well we have Jackobsen and Woryna at reserve with Covatti guesting for Klindt. Weather is set fair.

Should be a great meeting let’s hope a decent crowd turns up.

Should be Steve. But its a must win meeting..

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well we have Jackobsen and Woryna at reserve with Covatti guesting for Klindt. Weather is set fair.

Klindt (Covatti) is reserve 

Is Woryna out of reserve already? That was quick.

Looking forward to seeing our new young Dane in action and new young superstar Dan Bewley take on Kascper.

Let’s hope the track is as the riders want it for a change. It’s been different every week.

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Seems the SGB site threw a few of us. Decided to put the updated Team GSA's for July under 2018 Team Declarations  rather than under the normal 2018 Greensheet Averages.

Shame as would have preferred to have seen Woryna in their longer especially with BV coming to Poole Wed.

Also most unlike Matt or the Echo to be behind on releasing the signing before it was leaked on the SGB GSA sheet yesterday. Not that it matters as important thing is Jacobsen has signed. 

One for next year I think and let him bed in and get used to our tracks for the rest of this season. Won't be short of rides as he also does DK & Pol 2nd Div.

Only worrying thing is could  we lose him on some Wed if his DK team clash with Poole. Already seeing it with Klindt.

2 hours ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

I'm looking forward to this meeting and it could be very tight.  However, some of the Poole team need to vastly improve getting away from the gate a lot quicker. 

Appart from ht one  mate, we gave them half a bike lengths start. As you say that aspect has to improve. Hope yr ok ?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Seems the SGB site threw a few of us. Decided to put the updated Team GSA's for July under 2018 Team Declarations  rather than under the normal 2018 Greensheet Averages.

Yup.

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Is Woryna out of reserve already? That was quick.

Looking forward to seeing our new young Dane in action and new young superstar Dan Bewley take on Kascper.

Let’s hope the track is as the riders want it for a change. It’s been different every week.

Reasons for that Steve, hopefully it will be a bit better this week.

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Reasons for that Steve, hopefully it will be a bit better this week.

I would like to know the reason why the track was prepared differently again so it took POOLE RIDERS HALF THE MEETING TO GET DIALLED IN.

8 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Just hazarding a guess, and it’s only a guess, but might it just be because ...

.... the Poole team is crap?  :)

I know you are still on the windup but I don’t think Poole are crap - they just haven’t performed to their potential - and the team was built around reaching and exceeding their potential!

It seems that good riders have turned into average riders at Poole this season - this could be partly down to the track and partly because they are just not gelling as a team.

I’m not complaining because the team was built around ringers and it just hasn’t happened for them - as a team.

Edited by Steve0

9 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I know you are still on the windup but I don’t think Poole are crap - they just haven’t performed to their potential - and the team was built around reaching and exceeding their potential!

It seems that good riders have turned into average riders at Poole this season - this could be partly down to the track and partly because they are just not gelling as a team.

I’m not complaining because the team was built around ringers and it just hasn’t happened for them - as a team.

I think you need to join Trackprat and DC2 .{ Ringers } ?

Edited by Starman2006

57 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Having riders on false starting averages ARE ringers - all within the rules but ringers nonetheless! Karma when they don’t do so well though!

I really dont know how you can say that if its above board,  They are there to be had by anybody, even your mob.