British Speedway Forum

Scorpions v Sheffield 29 June KOC 7.30

Can't make up my mind to go or not.

Without Wright and Howarth Sheffield will suffer, without Nielsen and Garrity Scunthorpe will suffer.

Wasn't impressed with Schlein against Peterborough and the track could be dust.

So really it'll be riders from here there and everywhere riding in clouds of dust.

I'll see you there......

We've been suffering for a month without Nielsen, missed more than anyone else due to his sensational start to the season. I would hope that Schlein will not have the problems he had 2 weeks ago. Again, as I said a few weeks ago, this will be won or lost by the reserves. Sheffield look weaker tonight than last night with Sargeant replacing Shanes but that is a clerical error(but I hope I am wrong);) 

see tweets http://www.speedwaygb.co/homepage

6 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

What an embarrassing performance by Worrall.

We have had the mis-fortune to witness this most weeks 

There is something obviously not right as he has the ability as shown last year , but in general his performances this year have been abysmal.

WOW, What a night! Some top class racing action, from both sets of riders. R Worrall not the best choice of guest for the Tigers.. An all round team effort from the lads tonight, Schlein nice paid max and fully deserved, Josh and Jake was their usual awesome selfs, and what a top man Gino is, 4 rides on the bounce, when was that last done by anyone?? Think we can now put the last bad fortnight to bed and kick on now. UTS

Not the best meeting by Scunny standards, didn’t think the racing was that good, track looked a bit rough in places and half of every lap were just hazy riders seen through the dust. 

Worrall was woeful, think I would have taken him out of his 4th ride and given Shanes or Wood an extra ride.

Nicol on the other hand was brilliant, first sight of the track as far as I know and came away with 2 wins over Auty and another night had 2 other rides that could have been wins. Brilliant signing!!

Scunny deserve to go through over the 2 legs - if not for Garrity riding like Garrity and getting injured, we would probably have only just scraped a home win last night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Not the best meeting by Scunny standards, didn’t think the racing was that good, track looked a bit rough in places and half of every lap were just hazy riders seen through the dust. 

Worrall was woeful, think I would have taken him out of his 4th ride and given Shanes or Wood an extra ride.

Nicol on the other hand was brilliant, first sight of the track as far as I know and came away with 2 wins over Auty and another night had 2 other rides that could have been wins. Brilliant signing!!

Scunny deserve to go through over the 2 legs - if not for Garrity riding like Garrity and getting injured, we would probably have only just scraped a home win last night.

Completely agree. Scunny has always been one of my favourite tracks but last night was poor stuff on a track that looked patchy to say the least. 

The sight of Auty desperately trying to pass summed it up.

Sublime performance from Schlein backed up by big contributions from Allen and the impressive Berge saw Scunny through. Equally impressive was Nicol, thoroughly deserving an extra ride.

Best wishes to Danny Philips, that was a nasty one.

12 hours ago, Stoneroses said:

Don't like to bad mouth any rider but that has to be the worst showing by a guest at number one ever

I can remember in the early 70's Workington top rider Mitch Graham guesting for and  at Hull riding at NO;1 scoring 4 duckheads. had bike problems all night and was booed by disgruntled Hull fans for his efforts not surprisingly.

10 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I can remember in the early 70's Workington top rider Mitch Graham guesting for and  at Hull riding at NO;1 scoring 4 duckheads. had bike problems all night and was booed by disgruntled Hull fans for his efforts not surprisingly.

I can also remember John Louis guesting for Shawn Moran in 1981 against Reading and getting 2 points, it didn't help that Kenny Carter was guesting for the Racers and got a maximum! Needless to say, the Racers won narrowly.