British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Glasgow SGBCL 21/06/18 @ 19.30

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Going to be very tough tonight with blooding 2 new riders I would settle for 49-41 win

And by the same token , we must have our best chance for a few seasons to get a result at Owlerton . As long as our mechanical issues dont resurface 

This could be the night when our season unravels. The promotion is making a big mistake introducing a new and untried rider against opposition as strong as Glasgow. The Nicol boy likes to talk a good race, but his main claim to fame seems to be that he's a mate of Greg Hancock. Since nobody's seen him on a bike yet any talk of him following Sheffield's Moran brothers American tradition is a bit premature. 

Georgie will need a few matches to get keyed in again, so all this adds up to a growing black hole in the middle of the team (it all goes back to the failure to sign a replacement for Bates back in January: a classic case of the promotion letting its heart rule its head).

I think we're gonna struggle tonight.

• Like 1

obviously broc nicol has been signed for the future rather than tonight (fully behind that logic),therefore his score will be about on a par with graversens would have been (as will woods with smiths),therefore the weakness is still there ..... glasgow to win tonight 

Personally I would stick Broc at number 2, this will take less pressure off him riding with Howarth and switch Kurtz to number 4. Feel like he will need to get a good few meetings out the way to get dialled in at Owlerton and British Speedway as a whole for that matter. 

I think Georgie Wood will hit the ground running tonight and score around 6/7 points for us.

Dont agree with the negativity around the fan base at the minute, should always back every rider 100% in the team whether they’re new or old.

50-40 to Sheffield is my prediction. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob W said:

Dont agree with the negativity around the fan base at the minute, should always back every rider 100% in the team whether they’re new or old.

Agreed. The constant negativity from some fans is baffling, not to mention wholly unnecessary.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

A tacky sub by Glasgow against howarth and kurtz who had a 5-1 in there first race. Gimme strength 

Good to see our number 1 return to form.

Another abysmal away display so far.

11 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Sarjeant 8 from 3 and we don't give him an extra ride 

Past caring to be honest, the season was destined to failure the day Stewart left in my opinion.

As you say 8 from 3 for your reserve and you don't take advantage of it, mind boggling and poor management.

3 minutes ago, MD said:

Nearly choking here!!

Same as our team they choke on a regular basis but well done to the other Tigers they can only beat whats in front off them, even if its dross.