British Speedway Forum

Team USA at the SoN

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I really don’t know what you mean ;)

You agree regarding Sam though right?

In his heyday, someone like Manzares would have been on one of his machines if struggling.

Remember when Stephen Morris has no engines left, one of, if not his final meeting for Wolves before retiring. Rode on one of Sams and rattled up about 17pts?

• Like 2

Having met Greg recently I can tell you first hand he is every bit as nice in person as he comes across on TV. He really is a very decent fella.

I know some of you wont want to believe that but he really is

On 13 June 2018 at 11:26 AM, BWitcher said:

You agree regarding Sam though right?

In his heyday, someone like Manzares would have been on one of his machines if struggling.

Remember when Stephen Morris has no engines left, one of, if not his final meeting for Wolves before retiring. Rode on one of Sams and rattled up about 17pts?

True, it's what made him realise how far off he was from been able to afford the equipment he would need. 

Shame as he was a clever rider and could have gone a lot further with the right equipment

10 minutes ago, mcampers said:

OMG.as any kid in his forties may say.

That is 7 minutes of my life i will never get back.

I'm sorry but I could not last any longer listening to such dreadfully produced rubbish.

I'm surprised that total boredom wasn't the charge made by anyone having to spend time with him/them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

OMG.as any kid in his forties may say.

That is 7 minutes of my life i will never get back.

I'm sorry but I could not last any longer listening to such dreadfully produced rubbish.

I'm surprised that total boredom wasn't the charge made by anyone having to spend time with him/them.

Me too, I was very interested to hear Greg's "side of the story" because I admire him as a great rider. Sadly it was all about joshing around and trivializing the problems Gino had at the SoN. Greg said there were three sides to every story and we have now had Gino's and Greg's but perhaps the truth is not going to come out ( as is often the case in speedway ).  Greg made himself sound far away and remote from the experience that Gino had and seemed to suggest, that maybe it was all down to Gino's inexperience. A poor attempt at spin, by Greg,  is how it came across ( to me ) 

Oh well, Gino is a UFC fighter I dont think hes afraid to voice his opinion. He said his words were twisted but people here seem to think they know what he was saying more then he does himself...

35 minutes ago, Tex said:

Oh well, Gino is a UFC fighter I dont think hes afraid to voice his opinion. He said his words were twisted but people here seem to think they know what he was saying more then he does himself...

So what exactly did he mean then, notice he hasn't exactly come forward to set the record straight.

Was he down on power? Yes.

Did he ride on one of Hanocks bikes? No.

A bit of 'twisting' wouldn't get to the comments he was quoted as saying. It would be downright lies. 

Edited by BWitcher

I don't believe Hancock is the nice guy he makes out, I have felt that since that incident with Nicki. I know Nicki is not everybody's favourite, but the way Hancock made that public statement about his view of Nicki's mental health that is unprofessional, unforgivable and close to bullying (trying to get more people within speedway against him) in my opinion.

But that view aside I listened to this interview with an open mind, and I have come away believing this guy is more of a douche than I did before. I think he threw Gino under the bus there, he talks about bad apples, and stay away from bad apples, he didn't call Gino a bad apple, but it was within that conversation, so what did Greg mean by that? I think it's clear.

Rather than debate on some podcast, surely if Hancock was a real nice guy, a real professional guy he should have answered simply 'You know, Gino had some concerns and I am going to give him a call and find out where he's coming from and see if there were issues, try and resolve so we can get things right next time"

He then makes quite a few comments, one of which "you should think before you speak", well that's good advice Greg.

What a douche. 

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2