British Speedway Forum

Danish GP round 3 Horsens Saturday June 30th

10 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Nigel Pearson doesn't understand what a world champion is.

You can't have three world champions in one race, two are former world champions and one is a world champion.

I knew what he meant, you know what he meant, so why be so pedantic.

Tell you what, someone implied the commentary was repetitive, you try giving  different commentaries for 23 races where there are 4 guys turning left for 4 laps in about 60 seconds. We would all flounder.  Its all a personal choice, not everyone is going to like the "him" or "her" presents a subject, if you don't like someone so much turn the volume down

I watched on You Tube the 1st round of the under 21 world champions. Apart from the interviews of riders which were in part in English, the rest was, presume, Polish, and during a race there was no commentary at all.  Ok, I enjoyed watching the racing, and pleased I could do so, but it was a bland having no commentary. Sometimes "we" don't appreciate what we have until the day we don't have it (and that applies to lots of things).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Nigel Pearson doesn't understand what a world champion is.

You can't have three world champions in one race, two are former world champions and one is a world champion.

I disagree with that.  Once a world champion always a world champion, there is no such thing as former world champion
(unless title|s has been removed for disciplinary reasons).

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I knew what he meant, you know what he meant, so why be so pedantic.

Tell you what, someone implied the commentary was repetitive, you try giving  different commentaries for 23 races where there are 4 guys turning left for 4 laps in about 60 seconds. We would all flounder.  Its all a personal choice, not everyone is going to like the "him" or "her" presents a subject, if you don't like someone so much turn the volume down

I watched on You Tube the 1st round of the under 21 world champions. Apart from the interviews of riders which were in part in English, the rest was, presume, Polish, and during a race there was no commentary at all.  Ok, I enjoyed watching the racing, and pleased I could do so, but it was a bland having no commentary. Sometimes "we" don't appreciate what we have until the day we don't have it (and that applies to lots of things).

How very true.

The Pearson knockers are getting repetitive too. Give me Pearson and Tatum over any other combination out there.

Back at the GP, gate 1 won 17/23 races, which can’t be right. Phil Morris did seem a bit agitated with the water truck driver as he was going round before the start, but that may be nothing. Looking at the scorecard, that move by Woffinden (the only win from gate 3) to beat Lindgren in heat 20 was pivotal,. A Lindgren win would have put him in the semis instead of Laguta with a chance (although minor as he would have been left with gate 3) of more points.

So a good trip in the end, even if the wallet took a bashing for food and drink. Found a couple of good bars in Aarhus so will stay there again.

Edited by Tactical Joker

12 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

Have to admit I've never been a fan of his track prep going back years. Tonight was terrible.

BIT harsh really. Temporary tracks in Australia, New Zealand, Warsaw (bar the first:o), The Friends Arena, Cardiff and, until last night, Horsens have been good. Perhaps the weather played its part yesterday, not an excuse but a reason. Temporary tracks with no natural drainage are notoriously difficult to water under the conditions they experienced yesterday. Often the water will run to it's lowest point (the inside) which can result in gate 1 having a distinct advantage as it obviously did in Horsens. 

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Not the best GP I have ever watched but after a terrible start it did improve somewhat in the second half, nice to see Woffinden at his best but the inside gate was far too advantageous.

i am no Pedersen fan but he was helped off both times.

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Not the best GP I have ever watched but after a terrible start it did improve somewhat in the second half, nice to see Woffinden at his best but the inside gate was far too advantageous.

i am no Pedersen fan but he was helped off both times.

I think the referee had no choice but to exclude the riders he did in both incidents but Mr Ped knew exactly what he was doing in his semi, he had a little glance across at Zmarzlik and then turned inwards just enough to make sure his front wheel was taken. Very crafty.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the referee had no choice but to exclude the riders he did in both incidents but Mr Ped knew exactly what he was doing in his semi, he had a little glance across at Zmarzlik and then turned inwards just enough to make sure his front wheel was taken. Very crafty.

AND potentially dangerous ... he could have easily missed the airforce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

And what did I say in the Speedway of Nations thread?I’ll tell ya what I said to those saying team riding is dangerous,I said riders are constantly making dangerous moves that they know could end up in a crash or worse,injury.But they still do it....,

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Exactly, and I find it hard to believe that a rider that has been advised not to race again after suffering his last bad injury would engineer that just to get a re run.

Yes, his mistake led to the incident no doubt and he tried to recover from it but even though he has a ruthless will to win I can't believe he would have deliberately put himself in danger of a life changing injury in such a nasty incident just to get another rider excluded. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the tickets were simply too expensive to attract the many that follow other GPs. Very few from abroad judging from the flags, possibly as many Russian flags as any.

Horsens £80, Prague £34, both in the back straight just after bend 2. I'm no marketing expert but a weekend in the middle of nowhere v one of the great European cities might go some way to explaining it.

Obviously the cost of the temporary track and stadium alterations have to be met. We'll never know whether cheaper tickets would have yielded more revenue overall though. 

1 hour ago, Tactical Joker said:

Perhaps the tickets were simply too expensive to attract the many that follow other GPs. Very few from abroad judging from
the flags, possibly as many Russian flags as any.

Horsens £80, Prague £34, both in the back straight just after bend 2. I'm no marketing expert but a weekend in the middle of
nowhere v one of the great European cities might go some way to explaining it.

Obviously the cost of the temporary track and stadium alterations have to be met. We'll never know whether cheaper tickets would
have yielded more revenue overall though. 

Pretty much as in Stockholm then even if the cheapest tickets wasn't as as expensive as £80. Tickets where too expensive,
racing quality not good enough, held too late in the year (IMO).  I think it is a mistake to male the tickets so expensive because
it will scare the people off and then it will be a downward spiral. I think if you make the tickets  a bit cheaper then you will
get a higher spectator count that will means better atmosphere (= higher chance of people coming back) and more
people who will buy coffee, soda, programs and etc.