British Speedway Forum

Championship 4's Redcar July 1st

3 minutes ago, cyclone said:

So Speedway has to kowtow to Football.

If Sunday was a no no for deluded England fans:P,  what was wrong with Redcar hosting it on  Saturday 23rd June?

Royal Ascot was on lol

Just want to say a big thank you to Redcar for a well organised event. There was quite a few good races and also the track must of been hard to prepare with the baking sun etc.Well done the Panties on the victory and was very suprised with the Monarchs efforts and well done to them.A good day all in all.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, cyclone said:

So Speedway has to kowtow to Football.

If Sunday was a no no for deluded England fans:P,  what was wrong with Redcar hosting it on  Saturday 23rd June?

23rd was no good for me as i was in the process of almost getting a ban and nearly missed the late night barbee Q . 

15 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nice try but Newman’s current GSA is 6.33

Greetings resident Lakeside hater, ok lets just say we have our 4th best rider replaced by our 7th but congratulations to the Panthers, you can only beat what is in front of you and you done that and deserve the victory.

Firstly, huge well done to Redcar on staging such a well run meeting in that blistering heat. Plenty food, drinks & toilet facilities with lots of good advice on the PA about sun cream and fluid replacement.  I felt for the folks downwind of the dust - looked like a great vantage point. Luckily, we placed ourselves in the opposite direction of the breeze and had a very enjoyable day with no dust. Nice to see riders coming round for the Ben Fund. Redcar bear and Workington mascot must’ve been boiled in their suits on the centre green 

Some pretty good racing, testament to the Redcar track and track staff

Secondly, congratulations to the Panthers (no home track advantage)

Last but not least..... many thanks to our Monarchs.... beat all my expectations. Pity the averages hadn’t allowed us to use Josh in the team.  Erik..... superb as usual - 1 of only 2 riders unbeaten

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marko said:

Greetings resident Lakeside hater, ok lets just say we have our 4th best rider replaced by our 7th but congratulations to the Panthers, you can only beat what is in front of you and you done that and deserve the victory.

Indeed you can and thank you, the boys did well.

A thoroughly enjoyable day :)

Well organised with plenty of useful advice both in advance and at the meeting itself. Plenty of food and drink outlets and a track that was wonderfully prepared. Particularly when you consider the conditions, which were wonderful for enjoying the day but not so much for keeping the dust at bay. I did wonder about how it would work at Redcar but it was excellent so well done to all involved.

Well done Panthers

• Like 3

Nice short trip for the Berwick bus lol. Not easy to control the dust in such a heat but there was no lack of effort in trying to. £2-50 for a can of Stella no complaints from the Berwick fans haha for all the people that questioned why Redcar got the meeting the answer was there yesterday. Well done to all involved proper speedway how it used to be when you go home with a black face and you have had a great day.

• Like 3

I wasn’t thrilled that Redcar we’re hosting this as I thought Peterborough with its open grass spaces was better equipped, but Redcar Speedway did a fine job. One criticism would be the lack of speakers on the back straight. Very difficult to hear team changes and line ups. I appreciate that the back straight isn’t normally open to spectators, but surely some temporary speakers on the centre green could’ve been arranged?

Food and drink a bargain compared to rip off EOES and I think parking may have been free, compared to the Showgrounds £2. 

The dust was unavoidable on such a hot day. 

• Like 4

My first visit to Redcar and very impressed with the racing on the track. Plenty of food and drink outlets, plenty of toilets, meant no races missed due to standing in queues (please take note Somerset). Decent prices and not over charged like some venues. Sadly the days are gone where you need to accommodate 4-5,000 fans for a shared event, so no excuses why the likes of Redcar shouldn't host events like  this.

Dust yes, but unavoidable, given the temperatures. 

Overall,  would say well done Redcar, a lot of other clubs and venues would do well to look and learn. 

• Like 5