British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

11 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

And before this thread gets into a slanging match with the usual suspects I just want to say well done to Steve Shovlar and Lisa Colette for giving honest opinions and actually not sticking up for Poole in this instance .. Well doneĀ 

I've had to put up this crap from the club loads before so it's starting to grate now! Just sort of glad it got called ten mins before I left the house. I know what they are like with calling meetings off at half six.

And - it took 45 mins for the clubs twitter account to put it was called off, luckily I follow Ned Payne on twitter who tweeted first about it I believe. According to another Poole fan, Ned tweeted it before they announced it at the stadium!!

Edited by lisa-colette

Was out and about at 8 am and the roads were dry then and have been dry all day. It did rain overnight but was over by the time it was daylight.

Just sounds like a total ballsup with the track and an extremely expensive one judging by the amount of people at the stadium.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think somebody telling porky pies the track was never under water at lunchtime disaster ?

Item on BBC South Today this eveningĀ was recorded at the track this morning and there was a BIG puddle on the first bend

Edited by KrisB

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

More of a case of this morning meaning early hours.

Yeah but 'this morning' is anything from midnight to midday so it is a bit misleading! Still how they could have people work on the track all day and not sorted it is beyond me, Wolves had worse and did it!

Although I wasnā€™t there myself I have been told by two separate people that the track looked like it had been heavily watered at some point and well packed down with little sign of the surface being aired or attempts to dry it out. It may well be that was done earlier and then heavy packed down againĀ 

I am sure if able to Glyn will come on here to confirm factsĀ 

3 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Although I wasnā€™t there myself I have been told by two separate people that the track looked like it had been heavily watered at some point and well packed down with little sign of the surface being aired or attempts to dry it out. It may well be that was done earlier and then heavy packed down againĀ 

I am sure if able to Glyn will come on here to confirm factsĀ 

So why would they water it if was 'under water' at lunch time?? :blink:

7 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

You said bone dry all day.Ā 

Knew Middlo was right.Ā 

Ā 

Donā€™t make yourself sound more of an imbecile than we already know you are. I live less than 3 miles from the track. Bone dry all day.

• Like 1