British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is simply scandelous. No other words to say.

I am only 3 miles from the track and it’s been bone dry all day. Never crossed my mind in a month of sundays the meeting would be in any doubt. Got to the stadium at 6.25 with long queues. Looked easily like it was biggest crowd of the season. Then Gordon Pairman came out at 6.30 to say the ref had deemed the track unsafe fir racing and called it off. He said the Poole promotion were not given the chance blah de blah.

All totally scandelous and will cost the club dearly.

Apparently the ref said he saw a right shower in the pits!  :)

• Haha 2

From the Poole website.

It was with regret that we have to report that tonight's meeting between Poole and Leicester has been postponed due to track conditions.

Unfortunately, the weather effects on the circuit have caused the track to 'break-up' in places and in consultation with the SCB referee it was deemed to be unsafe to try and commence racing.

• Confused 1

agree looked a very good crowd,long queues. At the track last night neil who helps glyn taylor,does most of the tractor driving i believe told me he wasnt coming in today??this could have bad repercussions for the club in what has been a disastrous season financially,feel for matt(i would have sacked mr taylor at 6.30)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

From the Poole website.

It was with regret that we have to report that tonight's meeting between Poole and Leicester has been postponed due to track conditions.

Unfortunately, the weather effects on the circuit have caused the track to 'break-up' in places and in consultation with the SCB referee it was deemed to be unsafe to try and commence racing.

Well their track prep must be rubbish cos hasn't rained much at all today. Wolves had actual floods the day before their meeting, and still got it on! 

2 minutes ago, poole keith said:

agree looked a very good crowd,long queues. At the track last night neil who helps glyn taylor,does most of the tractor driving i believe told me he wasnt coming in today??this could have bad repercussions for the club in what has been a disastrous season financially,feel for matt(i would have sacked mr taylor at 6.30)

You feel for Matt? Seriously! 

What about all the riders and fans that travelled. Feel for Matt, my arse! 

• Like 1

Just now, poole keith said:

Wolverhampton choke job and now this......When does it end.

The club is a mess at the moment. We are going nowhere this season. 

Just have to ride the storm and come back better next year.

9 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Hmm, not sure I believe it. Where I live it was a bit dizzly this morning but that's it. But I am half an hour drive away. So any fans who live near the track, was there heavy rain this morning? The forecast was for it to be very cloudy all day, so it was never gonna be sunny enough to dry anything out!

Edited by lisa-colette

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Not sure that the track being “not raceable” has any relevance: Leicester could have just trundled around in front of the Pirates like every other team this season. :)

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am only 3 miles from the track and it’s been bone dry all day. 

SHOVELIT STRIKES AGAIN!

Neil Middleditch in the Bournemouth Echo.

NEIL Middleditch revealed how heavy morning rain had led to the surprise postponement of Pirates’ SGB Premiership clash with Leicester tonight.

He told the Daily Echo: “We had so much heavy rain this morning that the track was actually under water until about lunchtime.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, not sure I believe it. Where I live it was a bit dizzly this morning but that's it. But I am half an hour drive away. So any fans who live near the track, was there heavy rain this morning? The forecast was for it to more very cloudy all day, so it was never gonna be sunny enough to dry anything out!

very heavy rain overnight - not sure what time it stopped

And before this thread gets into a slanging match with the usual suspects I just want to say well done to Steve Shovlar and Lisa Colette for giving honest opinions and actually not sticking up for Poole in this instance .. Well done 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, not sure I believe it. Where I live it was a bit dizzly this morning but that's it. But I am half an hour drive away. So any fans who live near the track, was there heavy rain this morning? The forecast was for it to be very cloudy all day, so it was never gonna be sunny enough to dry anything out!

Guess if the riders didn’t want to go out then there isn’t much that can be done. Assume the Leicester riders have the Swindon meeting (which I was at) in the back of their minds. 

4 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

SHOVELIT STRIKES AGAIN!

Neil Middleditch in the Bournemouth Echo.

NEIL Middleditch revealed how heavy morning rain had led to the surprise postponement of Pirates’ SGB Premiership clash with Leicester tonight.

He told the Daily Echo: “We had so much heavy rain this morning that the track was actually under water until about lunchtime.

Think you'll find Middlo might be stretching the truth! Other Poole residents have said hardly any rain!

Apparently the initially disgruntled Pirates fans have just left in a more understanding mood now that Middlo has confirmed that they even tried tilting the track to drain off the water. Although Grajczonek still fell off :)

• Haha 2