British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

Looking forward to this. Think Poole will win it and with Woryna at reserve alongside Spanner we should make mincemeat of the Leicester 6 and 7.

Team should look different after this one with changes on their way.

Thoughts?

With the meeting being sponsored by Meridian Lifts, both Hans and Kyle will have their elbows well and trully out and want to do especially well on their return to Wimborne Road.

However with Danny King seemingly still not fully over his recent injury and never sure what Bjerre will turn up, then I feel if the Pirates can continue last night's form and if the track prep has at least a bit of familiarity to it then a decent Poole win could well be on the cards before the 2 week lay-off.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to this. Think Poole will win it and with Woryna at reserve alongside Spanner we should make mincemeat of the Leicester 6 and 7.

Thoughts?

3 pts needed, nothing less.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

With the meeting being sponsored by Meridian Lifts, both Hans and Kyle will have their elbows well and trully out and want to do especially well on their return to Wimborne Road.

However with Danny King seemingly still not fully over his recent injury and never sure what Bjerre will turn up, then I feel if the Pirates can continue last night's form and if the track prep has at least a bit of familiarity to it then a decent Poole win could well be on the cards before the 2 week lay-off.

Im sure Glyn will do his best.

• Haha 1

Poole needs a good confidence building win in this one, and i think they will get it. 6 and 7 should clean up. This could be the meeting that gives them a shove in the right direction, and they kick on from there. It's going to happen some time.  I'm going with 52- 38 ish.

• Like 1

Just now, Fozzie4388 said:

Klindt rides for Workington?

Yeh but DC doesnt know that.  He tries to be funny and clever at the same time, but really and truely, he's neither..

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

“changes on their way” lol. Matt hasn’t got any money and no one wants to ride for him!  Changes so far:

Klindt for Starke for Auty for Nielsen for Shanes. Are you Poole or Scunthorpe? :)

I believe we have a link with Scunthorpe and I believe there will be more changes that are not Scunthorpe related.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thoughts?

I think Spanner could be the next for the chop unless we see some improvement very soon. Personally I would like to see Gomolski back.

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think Spanner could be the next for the chop unless we see some improvement very soon. Personally I would like to see Gomolski back.

I gather you are not talking about Gomolski replacing Spanner. Gomolski's average is a lot higher..

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

But where would he fit ??

Just did a calc and taking BK/LS/JG/KW/CH and NK comes to 47.69 - only leaves 4.57. Gomolski is on around 5.5 which even if you factor in 2.5/5% reduction for not having ridden full time since 2015) other than few matches 2017 that still leaves him on 5.23/25 so too high to fit. Assuming on dropping Spaniak and replacing him.

If we assume that he can't get (or afford) an 8 pointer than maybe his thinking of having 2 strong reserves to kick off in June aka Woryna/Klindt and go for a stronger middle order ??

The problem is how much longer do you wait for Holder ?? - Matt has got a 2 week break coming up after Leic H then home to KL (may get away with no Holder again ?? and poss KL without NKI through either op recovery NKI and Lambert as his DK team have a fixture that night (Denmark gets priority as its a Wed). In which  case Matt has maybe another week up his sleeve to look at replacement. He will have to do it before 23/6 latest as thats when the new GSA cut off date for July is. Also having 2 home meetings on the trot against Leic & KL chances are that some riders GSA's may creep up again like Wor (from reserve)/Sund/Kurtz/Graz??/Worrall?? so he will have to tweek it before the new ones come out to take advantage.

Of course if CH doesnt come back then maybe it will be a Worrall & Gomolski combo as he will have the Holder shortfall to play with. Having said that may look stronger in depth but I feel the lack of a NO 1 will bite us on the backside as Brady continue to prove he is not a NO 1 at this stage of his career, and continues to blow it when its most important. Something sadly that is becoming too apparent even though still early in his career. Have seen it in Aussie and in Europe when he needs to put in that one big ride. Not knocking it but a few have noticed the weakness. Needs to iron that out long term or he may continue to keep falling short.