British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton v Poole Prem B. 28/5/18

30 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I hope your right mate. Speedway has always been known as a friendly sport. Ok everybody sticks up for there clubs, some on here take it a stride to far, but we do not need that in Speedway. its also creeping into horse racing, and we dont need that either thats why its being jumped on, now.. I ask any fan from any club, if they see this sort of behaviour they should report it to the stewards forthwith.

Obvs never been to a Wolves v Cradley meet Starry. The alleged incident last night, as abhorrent as it is said to have been, sounds like small beer to what I've witnessed at Dudley Wood & Monmore. 

Doesn't make it right of course but perspective is needed.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Whats this going round some Poole fan claims they were verbally and physically assaulted last night by a wolves fan did anyone see this incident?

I've been to wolves many a time as a opposition fan and also to cheer on wolves and too be honest I've never seen a whiff of aggro there in fact I would go as far to say as it is one the the friendlier tracks I've been to and this alleged behaviour surprises me..

Bloody hell, you should have gone to the Wolves v Cradley matches in the early 70S...…!!!!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Bloody hell, you should have gone to the Wolves v Cradley matches in the early 70S...…!!!!

Well I wasn't born until the 80s so I can only judge it on my experience .

The cradley fans are a particularly unpleasant bunch and I found the Coventry lot the same ...

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Of all the tracks I've been to Wolves is slightly aggressive in my experience. 

How is a track slightly aggressive then?  Does it chuck up stones at the riders? :wink:

All clubs have their resident nutters - that's just life - as long as they don't go over the top it is usually just friendly banter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

How is a track slightly aggressive then?  Does it chuck up stones at the riders? :wink:

All clubs have their resident nutters - that's just life - as long as they don't go over the top it is usually just friendly banter.

:lol: :lol:

I meant fans at the track, I have noticed Wolves fans do like trying to walk through people, maybe they are training to be ghosts!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Linus did say on twitter he didn't know about that rule and last time he rode over here it probably didn't exist. 

In which case Middleditch wants shooting! Dear me.

• Like 1

I meant fans at the track, I have noticed Wolves fans do like trying to walk through people, maybe they are training to be ghosts!

Well we all have different opinions based on our experiences but i have only been met by politeness at Wolves and although not visited this year have been to quite a few meetings there.

• Like 1

BOO  :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Replying to a post about the track man?

If you'd been out of bed earlier you'd have seen it, ha ha!

As previously stated you don’t have permission to mock my illness.

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Of all the tracks I've been to Wolves is slightly aggressive in my experience. 

Every track has idiots who go over the top. All tracks have em. Coventry were one of the worst in recent history.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

What a weird and wonderful world you inhabit.:blink:

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

As previously stated you don’t have permission to mock my illness.

Every track has idiots who go over the top. All tracks have em. Coventry were one of the worst in recent history.

What a weird and wonderful world you inhabit.:blink:

It says something when Starman gets it is a joke but you don't! :lol: