British Speedway Forum

Poole v Wolves Premiership A. 23/5/18

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That's good Auty is going really well at the moment.

There we go, Matts on it. He's always been discribed as a walking speedway encyclopedia. Thats his job..

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It just says he is riding for us next week so is he just guesting then? 

Correct Lisa.

Assuming there are enough points to play with up to 42.50, I can see the poles taking the 2 reserve spots and someone  (an asset) like Klindt, Gomolski or THJ coming back in!?

Edited by Skidder1

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Skidder any reason why Holders situation has not been made public knowledge yet? If this was Joe bloggs off the street then it wouldn’t be such a secret?

you can basically forget Holder riding in the UK this season. And maybe next. And I think deep down Ford knew this pre season so why on earth he was signed is anybodys guess!!! 

Sundstrom has certainly improved these last few meetings so will probably stay now, however changes must be made. If a number one came in and nudged Kurtz to 3/5, then Poole could still be in with a shout but those changes have to be made rather quickly.

He has to have a job otherwise he couldn't get a UK visa/work permit!!!  The rest of his issues are highly personal and still somewhat complex and its only down to Chris to decide when or if he goes public. Of course the longer it goes on the more the 'chinese whispers' accumulate!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It just says he is riding for us next week so is he just guesting then? 

He can't guest for Nielsen,as far a i can see Auty has an average of a point more than Nielsen.He would have to be declared in the side to take up some of the points you have to spare.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He has to have a job otherwise he couldn't get a UK visa/work permit!!!  The rest of his issues are highly personal and still somewhat complex and its only down to Chris to decide when or if he goes public. Of course the longer it goes on the more the 'chinese whispers' accumulate!!

Lol. 

Be intetesting to see fans reactions when it does finally all come out...

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He can't guest he will have to be part of a re-shuffle.

I think he might be able to guest, as we are below 42.5. Declare him into the team for a couple of meetings, then when the changes are made he is out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think he might be able to guest, as we are below 42.5. Declare him into the team for a couple of meetings, then when the changes are made he is out.

That is what i meant he can't guest in the current declared team, the team would need to be re-declared with him in it as we have points to play with but i have a feeling there will be more changes very soon, hopefully CH can sort his visa.

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes you can declare him in the side,but he can't guest for Nielsen.A guest has to have the same average or below that of the rider he is replacing.Although you get an extra 5% on top of the average when riding at home.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not holding any hope now that Holder will be riding in the UK this season, and that includes the Cardiff GP.

Presume his passport/visa issues are also why he isn't in the SON team?

He has a passport - presumably an Aussie one - but to get a UK visa or UK work permit he has to have a job as his employer would need to support/sponsor the application, which Poole did, but bear in mind the application process could not be started until his BSPA/ACU ban had ended, then he's just another in the long queue with no more clout than any other eg Roman Abrahmavich?!  I doubt whether Motorcycling Australia (MA) would have been on the case despite any best efforts by Mark Lemon!!

His other personal issues, some of which have legal ramifications (probably why there has been no official public comment), are progressing as far as I understand but have also been a serious distraction and possibly even affecting the visa process?!

As for the Cardiff GP, a  specific visa may have been 'sponsored' and obtained by BSI. (Not sure about the latter but it has been mentioned as such?!)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1