British Speedway Forum

Poole vs Rye House Weds 16/05/18

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And football managers dont kick the balls.

A managers job is to get his team motivated and ready, maybe Middlo has lost the dressing room as they say.

Football is completely different players get dropped and others are drafted in from their squad when they don't perform. I certainly don't think the team is lacking motivation and Middlo  hasn't lost the dressing room.

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

A managers job is to get his team motivated and ready, maybe Middlo has lost the dressing room as they say.

As who says? All the interviews with Middlo and the riders refer to the excellent team spirit this year - much better than last year!!

What they are lacking - in my opinion - is a senior experienced rider as a proper leader. No disrespect to Josh G but his current form (set-ups) cannot be helping his team captaincy.

Things will change for the better once the new averages are sorted after we get beaten by Wolves on Wednesday as I fully expect we will, on current form!!  Of course if we manage a win then things are clearly not as bad as many are saying!!

Edited by Skidder1

58 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As who says? All the interviews with Middlo and the riders refer to the excellent team spirit this year - much better than last year!!

What they are lacking - in my opinion - is a senior experienced rider as a proper leader. No disrespect to Josh G but his current form (set-ups) cannot be helping his team captaincy.

Things will change for the better once the new averages are sorted after we get beaten by Wolves on Wednesday as I fully expect we will, on current form!!  Of course if we manage a win then things are clearly not as bad as many are saying!!

I would hope we sneak a win (just) as we are at home. No matter if Wolves score a point as they will be in play offs anyway with their home advantage this season.

Important thing will be (hopefully). Nielsen scores lots at  reserve (he can score plenty as he will hopefully keep his 3.67 having not ridden enough meetings to get a new GSA). Spaniak scores at least one more than Woryna (meaning Woryna would become a reserve from 1st June). Its incredible that they are both on the same GSA after Wed meeting although Spaniak scored more BP. Brady to make sure he scores steadily  (should be ok as his 20 match GSA is around 7.67). Sundstrom will have a new lower attractive GSA which will help accomodate hopefully a new 8 pointer. Holder has to do nothing as he will come in on his attractive starting GSA of 7.16 although I am not expecting too many fireworks.

I would settle for 46-44 win with team redeclaration news to follow within a few days afterwards.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Some people just don’t get it. In it to win it is professional sport. 

Taking part in a sporting event is summer games at school.

How many will be left of the magnificent 7 which were in your words  going to smash teams after the changes?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

How many will be left of the magnificent 7 which were in your words  going to smash teams after the changes?

Yep, the only smashing this year’s Poole team has done is smashing itself to pieces. What a shower! :)

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yep, the only smashing this year’s Poole team has done is smashing itself to pieces. What a shower! :)

Keep going DC, im sure you will take the Winter off. ;)

1 hour ago, Booey boy said:

Lets be fair it was only 1 or 2 fans who said that they would beat everyone.

The Poole 1-7 had the most potential but it was evident to anyone with an ounce of speedway knowledge that it was also the team with the most risks attached

Kurtz- could he improve to be an out an out number one?..................Jurys out as he looks like a good back up to a number one, but yet to show he can be consistent

Woryna - on a bargain average could he improve by the 2-3 points expected?..........Possibly but as yet hasnt really set the world alight

Sundstrom - replacement for Hans could he do the same job?.........didnt expect him to but showed a bit more against a 4 man Rye team

Josh G -  should have been Mr Reliable.............been below his best

Holder - what would his attitude be like? what would his form be?...................will we ever know

MS - would clean up from reserve..................been ok without going great

Shanes - signed to score 2-3 a meeting.............and was sacked for doing just that

There is still time for this side to come good but time is running out and who is there to sign?

Its no shock to me that the 3 teams at the top have got a solid base from last season..........Pooles risks havent come off simple as that

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Neil has no need to go to the changing room. He motivates ive seen it. As i said read my earlier post. Plenty of time yet, we are only 5 pts off the lead.. no rush..

Edited by Starman2006

44 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Neil has no need to go to the changing room. He motivates ive seen it. As i said read my earlier post. Plenty of time yet, we are only 5 pts off the lead.. no rush..

8 points off the top but only 2 off of the play offs.

The only issue is Poole have ridden more matches then everyone bar Swindon. 

Poole have 8 points from 7 and the 2 teams below them both have 7 from 4, so you would assume Poole will be back bottom very soon.

The issue is trying to find riders who want to race over here.

Last season Poole sacked KK and got Kennett..........hardly a top replacement. Its alright banging on about being ok after changes but we heard that last season and it got worse. If Josh and Sundstrom go , who out there is better that would be prepared to ride over here?

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole have 8 points from 7 and the 2 teams below them both have 7 from 4, so you would assume Poole will be back bottom very soon.

Last season Poole sacked KK and got Kennett..........hardly a top replacement. Its alright banging on about being ok after changes but we heard that last season and it got worse. If Josh and Sundstrom go , who out there is better that would be prepared to ride over here?

Yes true and we don't even know if Chris Holder will be back yet.

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Would you want to get rid of Sundstrom ???

For all his under performance so far he is sitting on a rather enticing 5.66 GSA with only the Home match against Wolves to go before he gets his new GSA under the 4H - 4A rule. Meaning form 1st June he would be sitting close to his current 7 match GSA. If one asked a the start of the season could you sign him at around 5.66 most I think would have said yes. FYI he scored 13 paid 14 from  5 rides last night is SWE 2nd Div, which ok not their Prem league but shows he can ride when he wants to.

If Matt Ford is heading towards another 8 pointer (if he can afford one and if one is available) then to me Sundstroms much lower GSA against his season starting 7.17 assessed makes it a no brainer to retain him.

Unfortunately Josh G could be the one in danger as he is caught up with the 20 match rolling GSA where is current av is 6.57 against his starting 6.79. Looking at who could be the more likely to improve his av I would think its Sundstom who also fits nicely into a redeclared team with an 8 pointer to come in. IF a redeclared team is where Matt Ford is heading, with Holder also coming back in (Finally).

Also Sundstrom has the most Bonus points (12) so far which helps keep his potential true av lower as BP are not included in the GSA. Brady Kurtz is also on 12 BP which fortunately dont get incl and are helping to keep his GSA below that magical 8 point figure i.e 7.63 on his 20 match rolling GSA.

Of course my theory on all this could be blown out of the water the end of next week if Ford doesn't go for another 8 pointer, in which case I question where this team may end up.

Will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

no sweat. It will even itself out...To be fair Matt really gave KK to much rope, it wont be happening this season. Sunstrom has got an engine off Brady, and starting to show signs of improvement. Josh got 9 pts on weds thats fine 8 pts a meeting will be joshs mark,  and 16 from the reserves. not bad. Please read my posts before you say it was a poor result.

Edited by Starman2006

12 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Would you want to get rid of Sundstrom ???

For all his under performance so far he is sitting on a rather enticing 5.66 GSA with only the Home match against Wolves to go before he gets his new GSA under the 4H - 4A rule. Meaning form 1st June he would be sitting close to his current 7 match GSA. If one asked a the start of the season could you sign him at around 5.66 most I think would have said yes. FYI he scored 13 paid 14 from  5 rides last night is SWE 2nd Div, which ok not their Prem league but shows he can ride when he wants to.

If Matt Ford is heading towards another 8 pointer (if he can afford one and if one is available) then to me Sundstroms much lower GSA against his season starting 7.17 assessed makes it a no brainer to retain him.

Unfortunately Josh G could be the one in danger as he is caught up with the 20 match rolling GSA where is current av is 6.57 against his starting 6.79. Looking at who could be the more likely to improve his av I would think its Sundstom who also fits nicely into a redeclared team with an 8 pointer to come in. IF a redeclared team is where Matt Ford is heading, with Holder also coming back in (Finally).

Also Sundstrom has the most Bonus points (12) so far which helps keep his potential true av lower as BP are not included in the GSA. Brady Kurtz is also on 12 BP which fortunately dont get incl and are helping to keep his GSA below that magical 8 point figure i.e 7.63 on his 20 match rolling GSA.

Of course my theory on all this could be blown out of the water the end of next week if Ford doesn't go for another 8 pointer, in which case I question where this team may end up.

Will be interesting to see how this all ends up.

To be fair the biggest under performer on current form is Brady but I can't see him being released so Josh is the most likely to go, Sundstrom has been better lately and a very low average so could be worth keeping. It is difficult to find the best solution and probably a lot depends on the respective individual performances over the next couple of meetings.

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

To be fair the biggest under performer on current form is Brady but I can't see him being released so Josh is the most likely to go, Sundstrom has been better lately and a very low average so could be worth keeping. It is difficult to find the best solution and probably a lot depends on the respective individual performances over the next couple of meetings.

Ive said Brady is struggling and i get moaned at lol

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Lets be fair it was only 1 or 2 fans who said that they would beat everyone.

Really? Can you show me who said that? I don’t recall a single Poole fan saying that. Must have been a fan from another club.