British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Workington 13th May 4pm

47 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Gaz taking defeats (and draws) well I see. 

:D

As our once great manager Graeme Souness once said.

Show me a good loser and i will show you a loser.

To be fair a draw wasn't the worst after the way we started.

No comment on the Speedwsy looks like your charity will be benefiting.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

hi peeps , just wondering if Glasgow have any footage of this meeting on their website or other sites ? cheers 

Sorry Jenga Workington from Last season is up but not the pumping from 2 weeks ago try Tapes Up they are doing all the Media from Glasgow.

Edited by Gazc

cheers gaz ,  i  have been told it could be available @ workington on dvd . we will look into it when (if ) we  have another meeting this year only had 2 home team meetings so far . this season is an absolute joke , fixture wise . 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

cheers gaz ,  i  have been told it could be available @ workington on dvd . we will look into it when (if ) we  have another meeting this year only had 2 home team meetings so far . this season is an absolute joke , fixture wise . 

You should have accepted our offer to ride a few weeks ago. Told you we had bike problems and with BWD in your team you would have done us over like you did at our place and you would have qualified. With MC coming back and us starting to get the bikes sorted and Paul hopefully back fit and well I can see us doing something at worky. Don't worry I won't say told you so 

i take it you know all the workington rider were available and that the stadium was also available  ( open air concert, etc ) + other things going on .

what makes you think you have solved your machinery problems ? harris is still breaking down , etc . you look after your end and we will be fine .

have the faccues paid the company not to release the vid from that meeting ? its not on your site or for sale yet .

26 minutes ago, jenga said:

i take it you know all the workington rider were available and that the stadium was also available  ( open air concert, etc ) + other things going on .

what makes you think you have solved your machinery problems ? harris is still breaking down , etc . you look after your end and we will be fine .

have the faccues paid the company not to release the vid from that meeting ? its not on your site or for sale yet .

No problems with engines on Friday and Harris did OK in grand prix qualifier. Not sure who is doing the dvds this year. There have been some clips on the official website but not heard any news on dvds being available for sale 

Edited by SharpenRake

1 hour ago, jenga said:

The mechanics e-mailed me and said and I quote.

We have solved all our machinery problems (unquote).

So there you have it must be true.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

You should have accepted our offer to ride a few weeks ago. Told you we had bike problems and with BWD in your team you would have done us over like you did at our place and you would have qualified. With MC coming back and us starting to get the bikes sorted and Paul hopefully back fit and well I can see us doing something at worky. Don't worry I won't say told you so 

Apart from Harris , didn't see many of your others performing the other Sunday , the track caught a few too, with Rasmus and Dan's steel shoes full of dents it was pretty rough out the there .  But I do believe we deserved the points . Lets not forget BWD scored only 4 in our last Home meeting whereas Mason was on fire in the Cumberland Classic so we will see what next week brings 

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

how were the weeds on the back straight T.J.still there or have they been uprooted  ? 

Funny enough the gardener e-mailed me straight after the mechanic and i quote.

Weeds all done back straight clear (unquote)

So there you have it must be true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Apart from Harris , didn't see many of your others performing the other Sunday , the track caught a few too, with Rasmus and Dan's steel shoes full of dents it was pretty rough out the there .  But I do believe we deserved the points . Lets not forget BWD scored only 4 in our last Home meeting whereas Mason was on fire in the Cumberland Classic so we will see what next week brings 

The dents were caused by your interesting team riding. And since you are admitting you won because the track was dry and bumpy we can expect the same at worky. A dry bumpy track and mason back, I'm tempted 

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

The dents were caused by your interesting team riding. And since you are admitting you won because the track was dry and bumpy we can expect the same at worky. A dry bumpy track and mason back, I'm tempted 

get yourself over, very interesting team riding indeed weren't we fab :D we won because we were the better team on the day , quite simple really . Mason vs Sarjeant .....mmmmm I know where my bet lies :lol: