British Speedway Forum

NEW LOOK FOR STAR

Just a thought, has the Speedway Star ever considered going on 'Readily'? 

I don't know of how it works in regards revenue for the magazine and if it might actually tempt subscribers to look at the 'free' content instead (there's a monthly subscription to pay, but it's for pretty much unlimited magazines). I get monthly issues of magazines on there that I wouldn't ever think of buying a hard copy, but it keeps my interest going (eg gardening, photography etc). There's some really obscure sports have their mags on there which I am sure wouldn't be viable through hard copy sales, so maybe it keeps them afloat?

It might just attract former fans back into the fold again and of course it keeps the sport slightly more in the public eye.

25 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

Just a thought, has the Speedway Star ever considered going on 'Readily'? 

I don't know of how it works in regards revenue for the magazine and if it might actually tempt subscribers to look at the 'free' content instead (there's a monthly subscription to pay, but it's for pretty much unlimited magazines). I get monthly issues of magazines on there that I wouldn't ever think of buying a hard copy, but it keeps my interest going (eg gardening, photography etc). There's some really obscure sports have their mags on there which I am sure wouldn't be viable through hard copy sales, so maybe it keeps them afloat?

It might just attract former fans back into the fold again and of course it keeps the sport slightly more in the public eye.

THANKS ... we did look at a similar system but the figures didn't work for us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Watkins said:

morrisons in south Wales had plenty of speedway stars yesterday nice one.

Wonderful. South Wales is such a vital place for modern day speedway support. Does any member by chance know how well Speedway Star is doing on the Isle of Man?

2 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Wonderful. South Wales is such a vital place for modern day speedway support. Does any member by chance know how well Speedway Star is doing on the Isle of Man?

Do you manage to get it in Penge, after all you are such a vital supporter of modern speedway, not having attended a meeting for about 15 years and no intention of doing so in the future. Sure all the tracks in 2021 will thank you for your support, as will the Speedway Star

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Gambo said:

That's because it's not due until Christmas Eve. It'll be in the East. :D

If you read the Bible, the star that led the 3 wise men, kings, astrologists, from the East, was not visible when Jesus was born, it was some time later when Jesus was an infant. So, actually the star was very much later then December 24th, does that imply the Speedway Star will be that much late too. Hopefully not!

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

If you read the Bible, the star that led the 3 wise men, kings, astrologists, from the East, was not visible when Jesus was born, it was some time later when Jesus was an infant. So, actually the star was very much later then December 24th, does that imply the Speedway Star will be that much late too. Hopefully not!

Not much hope for my Star arriving anytime soon:rolleyes::D