British Speedway Forum

NEW LOOK FOR STAR

17 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF you haven't received a subscription copy by Monday morning please call Dave on 0208-335 1113 and he will mail one from Surbiton. We are trying to make enquiries about why your postcode is consistently delayed.

Thanks Philip, but it'll turn up eventually. I don't want to put you guys to any more expense :t:

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE have been informed by RM that there have been some problems with B postcodes. Whether they will do anything about it is another matter

I saw a video on social video when we had the heavy rain a week or so back of water gushing in through the roof of a sorting office in Birmingham. Subsequently I've seen a few people posting that they have had no post for a week. Probably that flood and damage has caused a backlog. 

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE have been informed by RM that there have been some problems with B postcodes. Whether they will do anything about it is another matter

Thanks Philip - it arrived yesterday. I strongly suspect we're only getting one delivery a week with the amount of mail delivered at the same time. 

Great article by Ove Fundin. Makes you wonder if Ove realises that the youths who spend so much money on all that equipment do so just for show. The highly decorated van indicating to those who don't know anything about speedway, that this must be a highly successful sportsman, famed throughout the motorcycling world.

One could imagine those youths reading the article that lists Ove's achievements  and the way he (and others) went about it and saying 'yes but we can swan around with all that paraphernalia looking the part, getting all the plaudits, without all that effort you put in'.

I don't doubt that this crossed Ove's mind and I don't doubt that he realises that what he has said won't make any difference at all. 

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday. Congratulations again to the entire Speedway Star team on yet another brilliant effort. Loving the new features which are a great read and some strong news lines on the British clubs. Keep up the good work everyone at Speedway Star, long may it survive, it is a national sporting treasure, get behind it! 

Edited by Piccolo
  • Like 3

Mine has been on time for the past three weeks now so hopefully that continues, have to echo Piccolo,s statement the Speedway Star team have done a terrific job.

The shock of seeing the headline in the evening news and reading the report is as fresh in my mind today as then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Terrible shock. Totally stunned when I found out. As a Lynn fan at the time, it hit hard because of the connections with some of the dead and injured.

I read recently that Terry Betts may well have been in that party but an injury picked up at West Ham whilst representing Great Britain meant him withdrawing from the trip.

12 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

another great read today  good to see ex comets john and craig doing well,daft thing to say but the paper felt different today  ,or could be my wet hands as i soak in the bath whilst reading my star,  hope it dont put people off lol

PAPER is different. We actually didn't expect it this week. Obviously the past four months have had a devastating effect on sales of SS through newsagents, supermarkets, etc. And savings had to be made on top of furloughing some production staff. Our printers offered us a slightly thinner and cheaper paper that would also help with postage and freight charges. We were assured that it would not have a detrimental effect on the appearance of the content (pictures, etc) and I don't think it does. We plan to review the situation again later in the year when, hopefully, there will have been a pic k up in retail sales with people more able to get out and about to shops, etc. 

• Like 1