British Speedway Forum

NEW LOOK FOR STAR

Our timeless interview with Ipswich legend Tony Davey, a key member of those first great Ipswich teams of the 70s, features in this week's (w/e May 1) Speedway Star.

You couldn't wish to meet a more humble former star rider than the ever-popular 'Shrimp', who happily lived in the shadow of Louis and Sanders at Foxhall.

Who knows what he could have achieved but for three serious injuries that cut short his promising career.

• Like 3

I know that I've already praised the Speedway Star to way beyond infinity, but I MUST praise again.

I have every Speedway Star since 1959, and quite a few before, and throughout those 61-years, I've never seen a better publication than what they are producing at this moment in time.
PHILIP RISING, ANDY SKEELS, PAUL BURBIDGE, MICK SMITH, JEFF DAVIES along with DAVE FAIRBROTHER, take a bow, because you deserve it, you are all a credit to your profession.

So once again, a MASSIVE thanks from the bottom of my heart.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I know that I've already praised the Speedway Star to way beyond infinity, but I MUST praise again.

I have every Speedway Star since 1959, and quite a few before, and throughout those 61-years, I've never seen a better publication than what they are producing at this moment in time.
PHILIP RISING, ANDY SKEELS, PAUL BURBIDGE, MICK SMITH, JEFF DAVIES along with DAVE FAIRBROTHER, take a bow, because you deserve it, you are all a credit to your profession.

So once again, a MASSIVE thanks from the bottom of my heart.    

THANKS, nice of you to say so. 

• Like 2

The current issues remind us that speedway has a huge story to tell, even if there's nothing happening right now. The success of Backtrack, I suspect, is not just nostalgia, but the previously unwritten back stories - why and how things happened behind the scenes. These are things that the internet cannot provide as easily as it can provide results but along with speculation and gossip often posing as news. Sometimes it needs expert hands to establish and make sense of what is or has actually been happening and that's worth paying for.

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another great edition thank you, loads of variety Zmarzlik; Craig Cook, Michelsen; Shaun Moran interviews, Off the Beaten Track is always excellent and news too about Tim Dixon, The Ultimate Eagle rider; Jan Staechmann and especially Rovno all very interesting too.

Smashing read!...

• Like 1

Yeah try and be patient. Mail is very hit and miss. Had some things the next day. Had ages with others. And worse than that, A cd did not come at all. Replacement was sent out.

55 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

looking forward to that..still got loads to read from last week. I read it bit by bit to get a speedway fix every day.

Stunning effort from you all a SS. 

Good idea that. My way is to read it twice. Then i bag a big bundle every few months. Whilst doing that i have another flick through. Suppose i get my moneys worth.