British Speedway Forum

Peterborough v Lakeside CS - Sunday 25th March

I thought it was a good meeting to start the season with some cracking racing. Thought the score flattered Lakeside as it was always comfortable. How the ref didn't exclude Newman for his filthy move on MPT is beyond me..and Ellis nearly put Grondal in the fence in Heat 15 also. On the whole I was impressed with Panthers as I'm sure Lunna and Nicholls won't have as poor a meeting as that again.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that's a result which fans from both sides will be reasonably happy with. 

Agree with that - they should be

Leaves the group nicely poised too

52 minutes ago, Lukas said:

I thought it was a good meeting to start the season with some cracking racing. Thought the score flattered Lakeside as it was always comfortable. How the ref didn't exclude Newman for his filthy move on MPT is beyond me..and Ellis nearly put Grondal in the fence in Heat 15 also. On the whole I was impressed with Panthers as I'm sure Lunna and Nicholls won't have as poor a meeting as that again.

Newman bang out of order. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

Newman's move was outrageous, how bad does it have to be to get excluded?

7 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Newman's move was outrageous, how bad does it have to be to get excluded?

Considering the injuries that Newman has collected over the years it’s rather surprising he rides someone out like that, that could have been very nasty and very serious, the fact that Horley felt it didn’t cross the line doesn’t surprise me as referee wise she is dreadful.

The meeting itself was excellent, lots of good racing but it was interesting that Lakeside came back into it when the track went slick.

Personally I thought Lambert should have done 14 and I would have used Nicholls in 15 rather than Grondal,  the score line somewhat flattered the Hammers but most thought before the match Lakeside would win including their management.

Its too early to say whether Panthers are better than most of the supporters think, but we should have a better idea at the end of the 4 Shield group matches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noodles said:

When did Lakeside ride as a team before last night then?

Not a team meeting, but there Rico meeting on Friday certainly helps, all riders given a chance in the same meeting, so even though your against eachother you can take still see how your team mate rides etc. 

29 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Not a team meeting, but there Rico meeting on Friday certainly helps, all riders given a chance in the same meeting, so even though your against eachother you can take still see how your team mate rides etc. 

I don't think so. Riding as a pair is a very different scenario.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, liam said:

To be 12 points down and only lose by 2 is a decent result for us in the end. Only early doors but the signs are Alfie is going to find this level hard going.

Bit of a rip off to pay to watch someone so far off the pace that the only question is which 3 pointless rides they take. That's not Bowtell's fault, it has applied and will apply to plenty of other riders (Panthers included). It's the structure that allows it that's wrong.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Bit of a rip off to pay to watch someone so far off the pace that the only question is which 3 pointless rides they take. That's not Bowtell's fault has applied and will apply to plenty of other riders (Panthers included). It's the structure that's wrong.

I think he will be ok at home but that’s it, his biggest problem is he didn’t get a ride anywhere else so won’t be doing many meetings. It’s a shame as he’s a real trier.