British Speedway Forum

World Championship Pairs

4 hours ago, foamfence said:

The only facts are that Tai got us to the final and Robert lost us it. All this talk about what they should have done is just talk. I don't blame either of them, I hope they both have a great future, you may have the last word as I really can't be bothered any further with the topic.

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

Well they couldn't ride the bikes for them, if you hang back and try to shepherd your partner home there's no guarantee that you wouldn't both end up at the back. Anyway, thank you for your post and have a very good evening.

Just as well you couldn't be bothered any more and didn't want the last word. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, foamfence said:

He had no option but to go for the win and hope Lambert got a point or one of the Russians failed to finish, holding back could easily have resulted in a 2-4.

lmao!

Oh heaven forbid it would have been a 2-4.. what a disaster that would have been, we'd have only got silver medal... oh wait.

Staggering the level of intellect displayed on this forum at times!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, foamfence said:

That's hindsight, he had a split second to asses the best option, I believe he took it. 

Course you do, because you clearly haven't got a scoobies.

In actual fact, Tai going for win was utterly and completely the wrong thing to do for more reasons than team riding.

Tai winning the race was irrelevant as we have seen..  We have some trying to claim it's impossible or dangerous to slow and help a team mate, even though Tai had already done it in the event and its been done countless times in the past...  so we'll eliminate that option for the sake of this argument..  As such we have Tai in a safe 2nd place.. and we need Lambert to pass Emil...  So please tell me how it benefited us in the slightest Tai taking risks to go for the win? Just imagine had he come together with Laguta, been excluded, fell off in a brave attempt to pass just as Lambert happened to get by Emil.. or Emil suffered an ef. What a calamity that would have been!

So in summary... Tai going for the win was never ever the 'right' tactic. If you're not going to team ride, you take the safe 2nd place and hope Lambert gets into 3rd.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Disagree entirely.  In the final it was last place that mattered - it was completely irrelevant who won the race.  Tai and Artem must have known that yet both did nothing to ensure their team mate didn't finish last.

SURE they did and initially tried but too few on here are giving due credit to the Russian pair. 

• Like 3

So .... Today's Speedway Star ... This entire debate about the final and tactics is consigned to carrying the GB team press release verbatim as posted here a few days ago.

is that a fair reflection of the exchange of views that has taken place on the various terraces and in the pits this last week as people have got together and  chatted about the weekend ? Without even mentioning the chat here.

Yet again a page is given over to Rob Painter to give a reprise of the 'the future is bright missive', platitudes and all, but with the addition of a silver medal. Surely that is getting repetitive ?

Edited by Grand Central

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SURE they did and initially tried but too few on here are giving due credit to the Russian pair. 

Your posts get worse and worse on this subject.

But lets's engage in your fantasy world for a moment and assume that Tai did initially try and quickly gave up.

Explain to me how it was in any way a good 'tactic' for Tai to chase the win. The win was irrelevant. By chasing it, Tai risked a greater chance of being excluded or falling which would have rendered any miraculous overtake of Sayfutdinov by Lambert irrelevant. 

Can you imagine the furore if Lambert had of got by Emil in the latter stages only for Tai to fall or be excluded in his chase of Laguta?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Course you do, because you clearly haven't got a scoobies.

In actual fact, Tai going for win was utterly and completely the wrong thing to do for more reasons than team riding.

Tai winning the race was irrelevant as we have seen..  We have some trying to claim it's impossible or dangerous to slow and help a team mate, even though Tai had already done it in the event and its been done countless times in the past...  so we'll eliminate that option for the sake of this argument..  As such we have Tai in a safe 2nd place.. and we need Lambert to pass Emil...  So please tell me how it benefited us in the slightest Tai taking risks to go for the win? Just imagine had he come together with Laguta, been excluded, fell off in a brave attempt to pass just as Lambert happened to get by Emil.. or Emil suffered an ef. What a calamity that would have been!

So in summary... Tai going for the win was never ever the 'right' tactic. If you're not going to team ride, you take the safe 2nd place and hope Lambert gets into 3rd.

"hope"? That's exactly what he did! Except he went for the win. As for your remark about "scoobies" You know nothing of my experience in Speedway.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Or lack of it, in your case.

lmao. Bless.

42 minutes ago, foamfence said:

"hope"? That's exactly what he did! Except he went for the win. As for your remark about "scoobies" You know nothing of my experience in Speedway.

It doesn't matter what experience you have in speedway, your posts demonstrate 100%, you haven't got a clue.

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I think there was a bit of mis communication of a message from woffinden to rossiter via the teams interpreter just before the last race about who is the boss and he made no mistake in getting the message through in the final :D 

Suspect that there is more than a bit of the truth in that.

6 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Wow... 

Our experienced number one rider chased the win, thus handing victory to the Russian pair and we're at fault for not giving Russian team credit.  They got their tactics right, we got ours wrong, so lets ignore that?

12 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Wow... 

Our experienced number one rider chased the win, thus handing victory to the Russian pair and we're at fault for not giving Russian team credit.  They got their tactics right, we got ours wrong, so lets ignore that?

Did they? Looked to me like Laguta was going flat out for the win until Tai passed him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Did they? Looked to me like Laguta was going flat out for the win until Tai passed him.

Laguta barely looked for Emil all tournament, but that may well have been the agreed tactic...Artem just to get his head down and go off the good gates while Emil worked the traffic. 

Maybe Emil even preferred that his partner didn't try to slow as that would restrict his lines and options...We just don't know. 

What we do know is that they won, so they can probably claim to have the best tactics even if they were no different from the British ones :D

The bottom line is it was a stupid way to decide who won, if it was not a 5-1 or a 4-2 then the winner of the race should have been the team that won, just as stupid was a warning on the first day carrying on into the second day, they got rid of the joker in the old team event and have replaced it with two jokers. In this weeks Star Rob Painter says, "he wants to see speedway on the back pages of national newspapers and is working very hard to do that"  If that's the case he can count himself lucky that the press currently ignore speedway as the headlines would have been. GREAT BRITIANS SPEEDWAY TEAM FINISH WITH MOST POINTS AND FINISH FIRST IN FINAL BUT LOSE THE COMPETITION." Not a great advert for the sports credibility is it?

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:48 AM, Pinny said:

Behave yourself you clown. 

Lamberts the top EL rider this season so including him as just as a reserve was an insult, he should of been in the main team from the get go with Bewley as reserve. 

Did you understand that or do you need it spelt out better for you as I have noticed on some of your previous posts you seem a bit thick between the ears?

Using him at reserve meant you could use him as many times as you wanted, Bewley does not have experience for this level.