British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2018

iand

31 minutes ago, griffo said:

If this meeting had been at Stoke with all the Falls the forums would have been on Fire slagging one thing or another off as it seems only Stoke gets the Flack.

Stoke get the flak because the club and track has been in a downward spiral for years.

Its true that tracks have had deliveries of poor quality shale but as far as I am aware that has been resolved now.

Word I have from Plymouth is that the dust is terrible. My pals down there are some of the most reliable that the club has but it has got to the point where they are now picking and choosing meetings, leaving early or not going at all. 

Poor track maintenance is just another reason the fans are deserting this  great sport in droves..It definately needs a massive shake from the top,....,Even that may now be to late to save the sport i have loved for 68yrs,,,,,

Edited by waco

58 minutes ago, waco said:

Poor track maintenance is just another reason the fans are deserting this  great sport in droves..It definately needs a massive shake from the top,....,Even that may now be to late to save the sport i have loved for 68yrs,,,,,

Have to say i agree with you Waco, and it saddens me to say it, Doubling between the Top two Leagues has a lot to do with it, how the heck can a rider be riding for your Team tonight, then someone else tomorrow night, try explaining that to a none Speedway Fan.

Harry Kane is playing for Tottenham tonight, but playing for Bolton tomorrow absolutely ridiculous..

11 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Spoken to a number of lads and apparently the ref nearly did not start the meeting as the track was terrible....

Only complained the track was wet and did not want any more water to make it slippery. Have a look on Plymouth’s Facebook page , there is a video on there for your appraisal....dusty

On 7/22/2018 at 11:37 PM, Jonnybegood said:

Only complained the track was wet and did not want any more water to make it slippery. Have a look on Plymouth’s Facebook page , there is a video on there for your appraisal....dusty

The riders I have spoken too said the track was way to heavy on the inside. As I say I was not there, and only spoke to the lads after a few beers on Saturday in Cardiff....