British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffy filming on tv Dec 18th Clare Balding show

Badge

8 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

I Am sure Rossiter and the BSPA will not be too happy with his dig at British SPEEDWAY.

He is entitled to his opinion but not exactly helpful to British Speedway.

he did come across well and was onhist in his answers.

it would great to have another British World Champion in 2018

If it forces them to sort the shambles out its very helpful 

• Like 3

I'm not a fan but he came across well and the race they showed highlighted the old chestnut first out of the start always wins not to be true, it was a great race and a good plug for our sport. Strange considering his criticisms of the GB set up especially the diet that he admitted to a weakness for burgers etc, hope he gets that someone to put the lock on his fridge:). England never have a hope of winning the World Cup or the European championship but I bet Frank Lampard never thought about not turning out for his country. Rather than walking away I think riding and changing things having an influence within the set up would be a better way for him to go.

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, Aces High said:

Not a criticism of him specifically but of the situation which has led to the most marketable British rider not riding in this country for the second year running. I suspect any potential offer by BT to televise British Speedway would be significant improved if Tai was leading a team next year.

Appearances in shows like this, being mentioned by name in BT's most recent ad...they know they can market the guy.

Another new rule, this year, has put a block on many top riders not riding in this country as you are only allowed 1 x 8point rider in a team. This has lead to the current World Champion, Doyle, moving clubs( I am sure a lot of Swindon fans are happy with that) & Wolves losing their spearhead & GP rider, Lindgren. Most top riders will be reassessed.

18 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Coming across really well... really is a credit to our sport  

He always does on TV and most of the time in the printed press. If he could stop acting like a petulant little twit on twitter he'd have the whole PR thing covered and I'm sure would be well liked.

22 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Another new rule, this year, has put a block on many top riders not riding in this country as you are only allowed 1 x 8point rider in a team. This has lead to the current World Champion, Doyle, moving clubs( I am sure a lot of Swindon fans are happy with that) & Wolves losing their spearhead & GP rider, Lindgren. Most top riders will be reassessed.

The rule didn't cause Swindon or Wolves to lose their top riders. They CHOSE to lose them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

The rule didn't cause Swindon or Wolves to lose their top riders. They CHOSE to lose them.

The rule still led to it happening, though, which is what the post said.

• Like 1

Just watched it...

Shame he cannot lead the Sport forwards in this country...

Ticks a lot of boxes from the marketing side in trying to attract a younger audience..

Confident, positive, an engaging personality, ambitious and tattoos...!!

What's not to like?

Came across very well...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grachan said:

The rule still led to it happening, though, which is what the post said.

Thought it was the lack of TV money that stopped then having Freddie...as it's obvious they went for the cheaper option of Jacob...or Freddie wanted too much.    

Edited by Baldyman