British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffy filming on tv Dec 18th Clare Balding show

Badge

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Did they?

Not at all convinced that is the case. Lack of tv money as said above a far more likely factor.

With Lindgren, perhaps, but Swindon said when they released Doylebthat they had intended to use both him and Morris. Plus, if Somerset can afford to have Doyle I see no reason why Swindon couldn't have had him too.

It's like Tai said in his interview, to be competitive you need Poland and Sweden. The league here is no longer competitive enough. Introducing a blanket 9.00 average on GP riders, then having a one over 8.00 rule, is going to make sure it remains that way.

Maybe, in terms of survival, it has to be that way, but, as a supporter, it is very uninspiring.

What it has proved is that fixed race nights have meant nothing to the 'big boys' - Its all about the money....

35 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What it has proved is that fixed race nights have meant nothing to the 'big boys' - Its all about the money....

Exactly. Britain can't hope to compete with Poland when you read of the signing on fees given over there. Sweden try to keep up, but look at the mess some of their clubs are in, getting bailed out by local councils. If a British club tried to compete with Polish wages, it would be bankrupt within a couple of months. 

Concentrate on developing your own local talent, improve the entertainment factor to get crowds back, work hard at attracting TV and sponsors into the sport. Then you can think about attracting bigger names.

14 hours ago, mikebv said:

Just watched it...

Shame he cannot lead the Sport forwards in this country...

Ticks a lot of boxes from the marketing side in trying to attract a younger audience..

Confident, positive, an engaging personality, ambitious and tattoos...!!

What's not to like?

Came across very well...

Yeah that 'marketing to attract a younger audience' should see loads of new young 'fans' at tracks waiting to see him race!!  Shame he didn't include a list of all the tracks and dates that he will be racing at in the UK in 2018?! :angry:  Or maybe I'll have to wait to see how many extra young fans turn up at Cardiff.......?!  Or maybe not!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yeah that 'marketing to attract a younger audience' should see loads of new young 'fans' at tracks waiting to see him race!!  Shame he didn't include a list of all the tracks and dates that he will be racing at in the UK in 2018?! :angry:  Or maybe I'll have to wait to see how many extra young fans turn up at Cardiff.......?!  Or maybe not!!

And this is the attitude that has British Speedway where it is now...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Why would they even consider riding in a league that is doing its damnest to get rid of them anyway?

Zagar had already said he was looking to ride here next year and they came up with a couple of rules that effectively put a stop to it.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Why would they even consider riding in a league that is doing its damnest to get rid of them anyway?

Zagar had already said he was looking to ride here next year and they came up with a couple of rules that effectively put a stop to it.

It seems the bspa alter the rules and screw up speedway most years.

I  am just waiting to see how many riders ride to get their average down at the end of the season because if they do well they limit their options or cannot get a team place the following year. 

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

It seems the bspa alter the rules and screw up speedway most years.

I  am just waiting to see how many riders ride to get their average down at the end of the season because if they do well they limit their options or cannot get a team place the following year. 

It will be interesting to see what Jason Doyle averages next year following the tweet this year that he seems to have ridden himself out of a job.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Have said before but if i owned a big company and he came knocking he wouldnt get over the front door he looks awful with those tattoos ,would u want an image like that representing your company .

Depends on the market which the company is trying to appeal to, obviously.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Have said before but if i owned a big company and he came knocking he wouldnt get over the front door he looks awful with those tattoos ,would u want an image like that representing your company .

Yeah you're right. No company would ever touch anyone with tattoos. I feel for someone like David Beckham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Depends on your market surely.  

If your company produced or sold incontinence pants or mobility scooters then probably not....but if it's something young and trendy then yes I would.   

That look is very much a part of today's society.

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

And this is whats wrong with Speedway... catering to old fuddy duddies who dont get what the modern world wants/likes 

• Like 2

All I kept thinking was how small he looked sitting between Lampard and the hot bird. He looked like a little pixie!

He was the most interesting out of the three though-although it could have something to do with the fact that I hate football and also the scouse accent.

Edited by Terry