British Speedway Forum

Nl Agm 14th December.

teaboy279

Guest GiveusaB

Just a thought?

If we're talking in terms of development for the National League?

And given that we had 'numerous' guest reserves last season....why not have a 'National' pool of 3 point reserve riders for the season and teams being allowed to select 2 (different) riders for each meeting?

That would give the fans an opportunity to see different up and coming talent week in week out and give the riders experience of differing tracks/surfaces etc.....they would also get a wide variety of advice and knowledge from more experienced riders/managers from different teams....

I think/believe, to develop, you need freedom and flexibility....tying reserve riders to one team....imo....restricts their growth!

Development being the operative word?

Premier/ championship clashes have been sorted .

However, nothing has been done re NL clashes.. hope this is on agenda and fixtures are carefully monitored to remove / minimise clashes.

The way the NL has been the poor relation of Speedway I fear there will be no change.

• Like 1

Just a thought?

If we're talking in terms of development for the National League?

And given that we had 'numerous' guest reserves last season....why not have a 'National' pool of 3 point reserve riders for the season and teams being allowed to select 2 (different) riders for each meeting?

That would give the fans an opportunity to see different up and coming talent week in week out and give the riders experience of differing tracks/surfaces etc.....they would also get a wide variety of advice and knowledge from more experienced riders/managers from different teams....

I think/believe, to develop, you need freedom and flexibility....tying reserve riders to one team....imo....restricts their growth!

Development being the operative word?

Now that is a very interesting proposal. A National Pool open to any riders who wish to put their name forward? Teams limited to using each rider once home & once away perhaps? Maybe a limit on how often a rider can be used at a certain track?

Can't argue that its a perfect suggestion but it is radical and the sport as a whole needs a radical shake up. Far to many inner circles at present.

Guest GiveusaB

Now that is a very interesting proposal. A National Pool open to any riders who wish to put their name forward? Teams limited to using each rider once home & once away perhaps? Maybe a limit on how often a rider can be used at a certain track?

Can't argue that its a perfect suggestion but it is radical and the sport as a whole needs a radical shake up. Far to many inner circles at present.

Yes S4S...it would need a few 'limitations' etc....and yes, it is a radical suggestion....trying to think outside the box ?

Thank you for seeing my point, as it's intended !

Premier/ championship clashes have been sorted .

However, nothing has been done re NL clashes.. hope this is on agenda and fixtures are carefully monitored to remove / minimise clashes.

The way the NL has been the poor relation of Speedway I fear there will be no change.

This does need looking at. During last season many meetings were weakened by teams missing riders but fixed nights for the NL are unlikely to happen. What are more likely are stopping riders from doing all 3 leagues or limiting doubling-up riders to 2 per team or, at most, 3 if a rider joins a Championship team mid season.

• Like 2

Rules rules and more rules its killing speedway!

I would hope they give more consideration to a league that should be for full and partime riders.

There was a time when riders in this league were graded as averages restrict teams too much, especially as you have far more riders doing it for fun.

What cloud cuckoo land do these riders come from, cant they see the Sport is on its knees ?.

Riders can ask for whatever they want. Its the promoters that pay the money that are bringing the sport down.

I want more money from work, if my boss says no i have the opportunity to look elsewhere for more, if i cannot find more money elsewhere i have to stick with what i have or risk not earning any money at all.

• Like 1

Riders can ask for whatever they want. Its the promoters that pay the money that are bringing the sport down.

I want more money from work, if my boss says no i have the opportunity to look elsewhere for more, if i cannot find more money elsewhere i have to stick with what i have or risk not earning any money at all.

Spot on You would naturally negotiate more money each year like everyone else does on the planet. Even on 30 ppp there hardly going to be retiring any time soon add to that the whopping 10p per mile they get

Edited by redandyellow

Not rubbish at all... A 15 pt max on £40 a point would only give you £600 a meeting. Take running costs out of that you wont be left with much. Obviously no riders will get 15pt max's every meeting. So what teaboy is saying is correct..

Perhaps you should talk to a former rider ;-)

Oh.....

• Like 1

Yeah forget earning anything, even at 30/40 quid a point you aren't going to even break even (without sponsorship) if you look after your machinery properly.

The point is that the NL is not meant to be a job. It was set up to provide a competitive environment for riders to learn and improve in the sport and go on to Championship and Premiership racing where they should then be earning money. All Motorsport is expensive and at this level most pay to compete in it with the exception of speedway.

• Like 8

I dont like to name drop but This is a quote from someone well respected in speedway and has had some input in training young riders , when you hear some of the deals these national league riders ask for it really makes my blood boil , half of them struggle to string 4 decent laps together, they should be greatful there is a league for them to ride in . I totally agree with him

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

I dont like to name drop but This is a quote from someone well respected in speedway and has had some input in training young riders , when you hear some of the deals these national league riders ask for it really makes my blood boil , half of them struggle to string 4 decent laps together, they should be greatful there is a league for them to ride in . I totally agree with him

HAHAHA you dont come across bitter at all..

HAHAHA you dont come across bitter at all..

i dont care how I come across , all I care about is the future of our sport and at the moment we are driving it in to the ground and quite frankly some the national league riders are the worst for adding to it , until we get real about the problem there is no recovery to the problem , I dont like to name drop because some people dont make their feelings known but if you are a Birmingham supporter you should look closer to home for people who share my views Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 4

i dont care how I come across , all I care about is the future of our sport and at the moment we are driving it in to the ground and quite frankly some the national league riders are the worst for adding to it , until we get real about the problem there is no recovery to the problem , I dont like to name drop because some people dont make their feelings known but if you are a Birmingham supporter you should look closer to home for people who share my views

Haha i dont like to name drop but i know there are people at Birmingham that think you talk through your hat

Edited by redandyellow