British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB

26 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

More likely testing the waters for 1st tier speedway. I can’t see them in the same league as Buxton & Stoke next year ;)

Moving up perhaps but im praying its not just 2 tiers. The NL may have some flaws but is largely better off than the higher leagues so hope it doesnt get dragged into the mess

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Moving up perhaps but im praying its not just 2 tiers. The NL may have some flaws but is largely better off than the higher leagues so hope it doesnt get dragged into the mess

It will get dragged into the mess when the top 2 leagues only think of themselves yet claim its been the best AGM yet.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, *JJ said:

NOOOOO!  The last time was a disaster.

Agreed love the NL, what makes the New Promotion think they can do what  Tony Mole couldn’t, He Promoted at more Tracks than any other currant Promoters, and he couldn’t make the top 2 Leagues pay.

7 hours ago, Villain said:

Come on then. Lets see who guesses the 'exciting news' correctly.

I'll start it off.

Graham Drury to return as team manager? - :angry:

Cradley beauty queens to be banned from the fourth bend stand? :t:

New centre green announcer :t:

Love it the rose of cradley the one is absolutely massive with a disgusting mouth to fit every other disgusting feature she has ..  

I wasn't surprised when David announced the challenge match with Peterborough, they will obviously decide what the future holds based on the attendance and interest that night. David was very tight lipped about next season he obviously couldn't say anything.

It will be a good night for sure, we had some good meetings with them back in the EL days. Im pleased that we are seeing Chris Harris back after he rode for us in 2013/14, Jason Garrity is such an entertainer and Rory Schein is a rider that has always ridden well here and obviously a great number 1 in the Championship. Peterborough are bringing their full side so hopefully we can give them a good meeting and there's a good crowd. Just wish there was a second leg at the EOES because I love that track.

Guest GiveusaB
21 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I'd guess Peterborough...with the 'Tom Bacon' connection ?

Called it !

Smug as ....... LOL

Sounds great.....there'll be some great racing to end the season on a high and with optimism........regardless of the play off result !

Really hope the 'fans' turn out in force for this one.....Peter/David Mason deserve a lot of credit for their efforts this season and for their 'future' vision....

I'm sure it can only happen if we 'ALL' get behind the promotion !

Fingers crossed !

Edited by GiveusaB

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

great idea great meeting rubbish format will confuse the kids and the newbies poor choice.

Does seem a strange choice of format if you're seriously going to use it as a guide to see if crowds would support a higher league racing.

You're not comparing like with like as you've already lost those who say  "It's a mickey mouse 6-man format.  I'm not going to that!"

Guest GiveusaB
6 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Yes, but we did already know, didn't we?

Sorry....just realised that you said Peterborough too ? dohhhhhh......long day : )

Edited by GiveusaB

Guest GiveusaB
10 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Does seem a strange choice of format if you're seriously going to use it as a guide to see if crowds would support a higher league racing.

You're not comparing like with like as you've already lost those who say  "It's a mickey mouse 6-man format.  I'm not going to that!"

How do 'we' know that's not going to be the format next season ?

13 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

How do 'we' know that's not going to be the format next season ?

Hasnt there beem talk that the BSPA are exploring the idea of six man teams. We all know the problems with doubling up and the lack of riders.

I reckon they want to stage a 'test' meeting to see how it goes, and because we dont have a meeting from Aug 29th to the end of september we have volunteered to be the guinea pigs.