British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Josh has been here and there trying to get a NL league whilst still trying to earn a living. 3 days and three meetings with the IOW being the middle fixture would suggest he is trying  and not struggling. He is in the Stoke 1 -7 but seemed to be used as an alternative pick to O 'Keefe, who now seems to be a Kent rider. Josh gets rides only when he is picked, which is hardly convenient to either him of me(his TM for the Newcastle Gems NJL team).  

Stoke have brought an injured Extance in for him though! Very unfortunate decision! He’d be a great addition to the Brummies reserve ranks as he’s been scoring alright for Stoke. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 9:39 AM, GiveusaB said:

Kelsey Dugard signs for Plymouth !

Why are we missing out on signing riders of his quality?

Is it because 'they' don't want to work with our Team Manager???

Personally, I don't think that Rogers could attract a mosquito in a jungle !

Well he seems to have been able to attract James Shanes and JPB!!

Guest GiveusaB
9 hours ago, guitar_art said:

Well he seems to have been able to attract James Shanes and JPB!!

Yes and Callum Walker and Arran Butcher and Dan Greenwood  and Jamie Sealey??? (no disrespect intended to the young reserve riders)

I reckon that Shanes/JPB's signing is down to David Masons contacts....nothing to do with Rogers.....but we'll never know the answer.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:19 AM, Argos said:

So Rogers love child Walker as a sick bug the same time Flint gets injured, Rogers must think the fans are idiots, Yet again making Birmingham the laughing stock of Speedway 

I'm not saying anything untoward is going on, but Birmingham are strengthened without Walker as it means a guest can replace Flint instead of r/r (as far as I know the rules)! 

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is Danyon back riding on Wednesday? i hope so.

Yes.... thank heavens!

I spoke to him on Wednesday and he said he's definitely back, along with Leon !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GiveusaB
15 hours ago, Brummie Kev said:

Wonder when our fixtures at Stoke and Coventry will be held, I hope before the cut off!

Looking at Stoke's fixture list, they only have this Saturday available and as they've not announced anything yet, I think we're going to have to write that meeting off ?

As for Coventry? I'm guessing they'll want/need the points more than us, so I'm guessing they'll try and squeeze us in somewhere in September?

I think if we can beat Plymouth away, then we shouldn't need to worry too much ?

I dont see any away wins, maybe a point or two at Plymouth and/or Kent but we may struggle in the 3 away meetings this month. We should beat Stoke and Coventry at home now we have Danyon back, so I think Buxton away on 16th September could prove to be crucial if Stoke and Coventry away arnt scheduled before the cut off.   

11 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Looking at Stoke's fixture list, they only have this Saturday available and as they've not announced anything yet, I think we're going to have to write that meeting off ?

As for Coventry? I'm guessing they'll want/need the points more than us, so I'm guessing they'll try and squeeze us in somewhere in September?

I think if we can beat Plymouth away, then we shouldn't need to worry too much ?

Stox at Stoke on Saturday but don't worry think you are having our date instead.

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Jayne said:

We were asked if we would move as our fixture with Stoke doesn't effect anything.

Thanks for the 'info' Jayne....very good of you to let 'us' know ! May be we'll find out off 'our' club the day before ? : )  (only joking...)

Just checked the main B'ham' website and it's now listed in the official 'fixture' section........wonder why the club failed to inform us ?

Edited by GiveusaB