British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB

15 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The sad part about Butcher is i feel its becoming age over ability. He's 17, thats what all promoters want and he has decent machinery.....bonus. Time will tell when he goes into competitive action especially up against the other weaker reserves in the league at Stoke, Buxton & Belle Vue.

As for JJ probably shouldn't be throwing those stones around his glass house :wink: 

True but then again I am about 55 years older than the speedway rider!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I guess the decision for Gilkes is does he sign up full time for a team once his exams are over and risk getting an average or wait until next year when he can come in at the start on a 3.00? He could "do a Spooner" and remain unattached all season taking whatever bookings he fancies as nobody seems to be bothered on issuing averages to unattached riders.

I believe that it was voted on at the NL AGM that once a rider does 4 League Meetings he gets a average even if it’s for 4 different teams.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Argos said:

I believe that it was voted on at the NL AGM that once a rider does 4 League Meetings he gets a average even if it’s for 4 different teams.

Yeah 4 LEAGUE meetings. Gilkes will do 3 league and take his pick of offers for the NT final, KOC & POs to come back next year on a 3.00. 

Guest GiveusaB
29 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Yeah 4 LEAGUE meetings. Gilkes will do 3 league and take his pick of offers for the NT final, KOC & POs to come back next year on a 3.00. 

As long as he comes back : )

I'm keen to see how far he can go?

I see the on the brummies Facebook page the race suit with the polish lads name had already been printed .

But the majority of people have there wish and I'm to endure 3 or 4 3 rider races now all season it's great watching riders trailing half a lap behind isn't it yep that's definitely whats best for British speedway  isn't it .... 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

I think it’s about the same as having a rider that shouldn’t be there leading the race by half a lap against his inexperienced opponents. 

I think your problem it you don’t like seeing a brummie half a lap behind but if it’s the opposition then tough. 

Time to move up a league and don’t the door hit you on your ass on the way out. 

2 hours ago, ouch said:

I think it’s about the same as having a rider that shouldn’t be there leading the race by half a lap against his inexperienced opponents. 

I think your problem it you don’t like seeing a brummie half a lap behind but if it’s the opposition then tough. 

Time to move up a league and don’t the door hit you on your ass on the way out. 

Not at all buddy i dream of a 46-44 either way good racing whatever the outcome is what I want if that was the case we would attract more newbies As well which is the most important thing the sport needs .

I don't get this brummies win at all costs i would be bottom of the league if it meant competitive racing that's all I want entertainment sod the league position.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

.. i would be bottom of the league if it meant competitive racing that's all I want entertainment sod the league position.

Can we quote you on this later in the season if the results aren't going the Brummies way? :D

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Islander15 said:

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, uk_martin said:

Sounds like sound tactical planning to me.

Exactly what Drew Kemp did last year

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

All riders do it and it's well documented that it's been going on for years (sadly) !

I don't overly mind it during the season as it gives riders a run out and a chance to put themselves in the window for next year. It bugged me that they didn't achieve an average but that sounds like it will be monitored this year? 

There is still the moral question regarding unattached guests being used repeatedly in play offs / cup competitions as it could be argued that results are changed by who gets the services of certain riders first not to mention hard on the riders who have competed all season? But im fully aware that morals & speedway dont actually mix.

Guest GiveusaB
21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't overly mind it during the season as it gives riders a run out and a chance to put themselves in the window for next year. It bugged me that they didn't achieve an average but that sounds like it will be monitored this year? 

There is still the moral question regarding unattached guests being used repeatedly in play offs / cup competitions as it could be argued that results are changed by who gets the services of certain riders first not to mention hard on the riders who have competed all season? But im fully aware that morals & speedway dont actually mix.

Yes...it's a sad state of affairs at times !

47 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

You're right, morals and speedway don't go hand in hand, and Eastbourne have certainly taken advantage over the last few seasons. Perhaps be better to let the new 15 year olds have say 5 meetings league, ko cup, nt , or playoffs without getting an average, but only allowed to ride for a club once in any of those competitions throughout the season. Would have less sway on end of season results but still putting themselves in the shop window for the following season. 

26 minutes ago, gazzac said:

You're right, morals and speedway don't go hand in hand, and Eastbourne have certainly taken advantage over the last few seasons. Perhaps be better to let the new 15 year olds have say 5 meetings league, ko cup, nt , or playoffs without getting an average, but only allowed to ride for a club once in any of those competitions throughout the season. Would have less sway on end of season results but still putting themselves in the shop window for the following season. 

In fairness there are very few teams in the league who haven't taken advantage one way or another over the past few seasons. Certainly like the idea of a rider being "cup tied" so that they can only represent one per competition......

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In fairness there are very few teams in the league who haven't taken advantage one way or another over the past few seasons. Certainly like the idea of a rider being "cup tied" so that they can only represent one per competition......

Like the nt this season...

The top league (whatever they are called this week) had a scheme to promote NL talent in an effort to develop home grown riders. Why can't the NL develop a similar proactive policy? How about any rider aged 15-17 can be guaranteed a #6 or #7 berth, regardless of their CMA? A similar principle (up to age 21) works well in Poland. It would certainly get over this average "massaging" nonsense.

Nice Personal Insult Thank You Im Guessing Your Another Gentleman Approching Hes 70s. 

Look at the sports that stopped restricting foreigners in the 90s there all thriving now get record deals year on year . Look at sports that still restrict foreigners or it's frowned on stuck where they were in the 90s if not gone backwards and in speedways case gone backwards massively. 

Now that's a fact either move with the times in every sense of just wait for the sport not to exist anymore in this country . Like I said before as with every sport i attend i don't give two hoots where the competitor comes from as long as I'm entertained .

You may disagree with me but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1