British Speedway Forum

Birmingham 2018

Guest GiveusaB

2 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I think your correct guys cant see any potential tail wagging this season .

If Layne signs it will be crucial he picks up a minimum 5 points every meeting and increases hes average to 5.5ish 

Lots of pressure on flint he will need to average around 5.5 also

that leaves the two reserves to pick up a couple of points each ..

Flint at reserve will fill his boots early on which should hopefully keep his confidence up when he slots into the 1-5. I think much depends on the riding pairings as i suspect the make up of the team will change with Davey @1 soon. Flint @2 Bacon @3 Cupitt @4 Hume @5 looks like a very capable main team but unless the reserves can manage 6 between them i can see a few close loses at home and desperately important with that side not to throw points away.

2 hours ago, Brummie Boy said:

Expecting the team to be completed with Layne Cupitt (4.00), Kyle Roberts (3.00) and possibly Tyler Govier (3.30).

Although, the top end looks a powerful outfit, especially if Hume goes on to add points to his average, the tail looks a long one and may be our undoing on our travels. Cupitt needs to build on last season's form and one of the other lower end riders needs to make light of their low starting average if we are to be challenging for honours. Pleased to see Davey in the team, but concerned about clashes with Swindon fixtures.

But who knows, David Mason may yet have a surprise up his sleeve for one of the remaining team places...........

Govier’s packed it in. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Greg said:

Brummie would be mad not to use Layne getting better every year .

No he's not. He started well for a couple of months then tailed off. Went two steps forward then three steps back.

He seems to be surrounded by a peer group (judging by his Facebook friends) who are the typical "Eye-beef-ah crowd" and his dip in form seems to have coincided with the time his mates were getting Brahms & Liszt and laid in the flesh pots in the sun whilgt he was getting bored washing his bikes at home.I don't think he's got the attitude and determinatioin to progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Well that is  2 dreadful signings worst averaged rider in the league this signing confirms our bottom half finish i am afraid 

Bottom half finish with that head leader trio and Flint? No chance imo 

1 hour ago, adz_mft said:

Bottom half finish with that head leader trio and Flint? No chance imo 

Some people have unrealistic expectations! It might not look like a Birmingham side of 2015 or 2016 but it's not bottom half either as you say. They've even managed to find a guaranteed average improver in that top 3 with Hume. Then with Walker, Flint and Cupitt (presumably) in the side they always have a decent reserve.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Then with Walker, Flint and Cupitt (presumably) in the side they always have a decent reserve.

Surely Cupitt will not fit now, two three pointers to make up the team. Need two young riders with potential; now where are they going to come from?

Still I like the look of the team, maybe not as strong as past teams but should be up there with a challenge for honours.