British Speedway Forum

Sgb Premiership 2018 Confirmed Signings

Woryna hasn’t been announced “officially “ anywhere as yet.

PLEASE NOTE: These team listings are for information only and are added to as and when the BSPA Press Office is advised by individual clubs. Upon completion of the 1-7, all teams require ratification from the BSPA.

POOLE MUST HAVE ADVISED THE BSPA PRESS OFFICE...

He has a 2017 average so unlikely I'd say.

I agree. Holder has a legitimate average and doesn't need assesing.

Riders on averages from previous seasons are the ones who should be reassessed, but they never reassessed Musielak last year so I wouldn't hold your breath that it will happen.

I agree. Holder has a legitimate average and doesn't need assesing.

Riders on averages from previous seasons are the ones who should be reassessed, but they never reassessed Musielak last year so I wouldn't hold your breath that it will happen.

It was a 2 fold issue this season with the ridiculous multiplyer, particularly for those given an average over the maximum points you can score and then not using it for returners later in the season.

Next season seems a clear plan of reassessing those on low averages (for GP riders or GP standard) and for those who didn't ride in the UK in 2017.

It seems quite a clear plan to me!

However the BSPA never do things clearly so it could mean anything!!

For me the ruling seems clear that it affects anyone who didn't ride here in 2017. For once it seems a sensible ruling!

Woryna - although NOT confirmed as signed for 2018 - will be on 4.65 as reported by MF in today's local Echo!!

Interesting times ahead then!

So regrade GP riders who want to come back and now can't and let everyone else keep their averages? ??

Barmy. What part of 'riders who didn't race here in 2017 will be reassessed' to 'only if they GP riders so you can't bring a ringer in'?

So let other clubs bring ringers in because they aren't GP riders?????

It's typical BSPA mucking up what should be a simple are transparent rule.

I can't wait to read how they word it when they finally release the info into the public domain.

Sooner they release the averages for riders for 2018 the better. To avoid more confusion.

:rolleyes:

Woryna - although NOT confirmed as signed for 2018 - will be on 4.65 as reported by MF in today's local Echo!!

If you mean this article, he doesn't confirm it.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/15695435.Ford_bewildered_by_rumours_of_Woryna_signing/

The part about Woryna being on 4.65 is not a direct quote from Matt Ford but a paragraph written by the writer of the article.

When Woryna was originally signed, Ford said he would be in the team barring any "curveballs" from the agm. He's not in the team yet, so maybe he is still waiting for confirmation on his average before naming him.

Yes but as I put on the Poole thread, the relationship that MF has with the local paper speedway reporters allows him to approve the whole article!!

That's as may be, but it's probably best to stick to direct quotes as being what comes from Matt Ford.

Championship has now reached the point where over 50% of positions are filled.

But in the PL it is only 16%.

Looks a bit worrying.

Not really. It will be pretty much the same riders anyway.

Championship has now reached the point where over 50% of positions are filled.

But in the PL it is only 16%.

Looks a bit worrying.

Just because they haven't been announced doesn't mean they haven't been signed. Clubs choose to drip feed announcements to maximise publicity.

• Like 2