British Speedway Forum

Coventry Bees Nl ?

mac101

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The confirmation has been given and Coventry’s place in the NDL confirmed by the confirmatory press release. What further confirmation were you expecting?

Whose press release?

Nothing on the BSPA web site confirming Coventry's acceptance into the league. And at the end of the day, it's their league.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/nlnews

From BSPA site

Following on from a meeting with the members of the Speedway Control Bureau and Mr Mick Horton, it is with great delight that Coventry Speedway have been given the go ahead to run the Coventry Bees in the National Development League at a temporary home at Leicester for the 2018 season.

The members of the SCB wish the Coventry Promotion all the best in their endeavor's to bring the Bees back to Brandon in the near future. 

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33748

Edited by sussex bulldog
to add link

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

It’s been officially confirmed for days...

Oh well...as well I asked then. Too bad that it's not being broadcast from the rooftops so that those who don't know where to look can hear the good news too. But then that may risk attracting new fans, and you can't do that in the world of speedway can you?

53 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Oh well...as well I asked then. Too bad that it's not being broadcast from the rooftops so that those who don't know where to look can hear the good news too. But then that may risk attracting new fans, and you can't do that in the world of speedway can you?

It was posted on Coventry Bees and Speedway GB website and posted on social media. Don't think it'll make the 10 o clock news though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not a Coventry fan....but I AM a Speedway fan and in that respect I want to see Speedway promoted at as many venues as possible.

I do not actually care WHO the promoter is, just that Speedway takes place.  For that reason I welcome the news that Mick Horton has been

granted a licence to run a Coventry Bees team in the National League using Leicester as a base.  7 more riders in work is just one of the many

good side effects.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Woz01 said:

It was posted on Coventry Bees and Speedway GB website and posted on social media. Don't think it'll make the 10 o clock news though.

Was it? I'm on Twitter and Facebook, and I didn't see anything about it, and I follow the SGB Twitter account. I get to see what happens in Glasgow but wasn't aware of what was happening just up the road from me. So what does that say about how effective the publicity machine is working? And If I didn't see it, what chance the news permiating to a potential new audience who hardly know what speedway is let alone knowing to look at the Coventry web site?

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Was it? I'm on Twitter and Facebook, and I didn't see anything about it, and I follow the SGB Twitter account. I get to see what happens in Glasgow but wasn't aware of what was happening just up the road from me. So what does that say about how effective the publicity machine is working? And If I didn't see it, what chance the news permiating to a potential new audience who hardly know what speedway is let alone knowing to look at the Coventry web site?

Then i don't know how you missed it to be honest. Its was talked about on various speedway Facebook groups and it got 18 retweets on Twitter which by having a quick look was more than the Chris Holder signing for Poole tweet. It was reported in the local media too. It was also on this thread and you initially somehow managed to miss it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I'd have a word with your service providers - let some of your bitterness head their way for a change !

14 minutes ago, naffer said:

James Sarjeant has been sold to Leicester.

Its in this weeks star ,the January sales have begun.

To be fair if it wasn't Horton it would've been the bspa and possibly on his behalf? Also do Bees have to sell assets as I gather NL clubs are not allowed assets?

3 minutes ago, adonis said:

if you have half a dozen cars , 5 of which you cannot use and will not be able to use in the foreseeable , what would you do with them  ?

Sell them. To be honest I'm not too bothered about assets, the asset system is a farce anyway. Once we stopped running at Brandon our assets were very likely to be sold or given away one way or another!

Any team news coming soon?

33 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Maybe he had to sell sarj as part of financing the running of  nl team and allowing them to ride at Leicester also is Han Anderson not a Coventry asset 

Horton did say selling assets and loan fees will help pay for riding at Leicester.

• Like 1