British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2018

eaglesno1

Tom Brennan has started his Australian tour in good fashion.  On the podium at Mildura (Cam Woodwards home track?) He fished 3rd behind J Stewart and Justin Sedgeman with Zach Waj in 4th. A good start indeed on a strange track.   

I have mixed feelings about moving up to CL. Whilst not really in favour I have to say that the prospect of a probable return of Bradley Wilson Dean and who knows even perhaps Adam Ellis, Eddie Kennett and Scott Nicholls with Tom and Georgie as reserves does bear thinking about. 

If we stay NL we have to face the possibility of a low points limit and only being able to keep Tom, Charlie Brooks and Jason Edwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WalterPlinge said:

They're not eligible for NL.  

But they would if they go up to Champ.

Would make sense as both live fairly local which would suit both.  One team who could juggle ok with the new 38 point team limit is Eastbourne. Some good NL youngsters coming through so could combine some decent heat leader types with some of these good young riders who would get low GSA's coming up from NL.

Every team in Champ needs to do some trimming and for some its major surgery to get down to 38 points. Eastbourne have young Brennan & Edwards coming through who could possibly hold their own in Champ as for sure other clubs will be having to use low av riders to get within the 38 point limit. Meaning poss plenty of races between low av riders plus importantly good experience for the younger guys. As well as allowing to make the team stronger in the top half.

4 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Yes, if they had chosen to go up.  

But when it's revealed that Eastbourne aren't moving up, it'll show that the person claiming that they've already signed NIcholls and Kennett was just telling porkies.

How do you know that they aren't going up?

14 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

But when it's revealed that Eastbourne aren't moving up, it'll show that the person claiming that they've already signed NIcholls and Kennett was just telling porkies.

I know you can't garuntee anything in speedway even after it's official. But I think you can take it to the bank that Eastbourne are going up, Cook is going back, and that Brennan will almost certainly be first rider on the team sheet. And I can't help feel they will want to try and include Baseby and Wood too.

16 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Eagles moving up with Cook and Brum with Mason.

What are you on about ???????

13 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Please tell me where you bank, so I can go somewhere else!

I'd prefer a bank closer to Birmingham or Sittingbourne, where my money is safe

You still haven't answered the question of how you know when nothing has been announced yet???

Edited by eaglesno1

2 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Yes, surely that implies that it is Eastbourne going up? However WalterPlinge is saying that it is definitely Birmingham and Kent so I was wondering how he knew this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesno1 said:

You still haven't answered the question of how you know when nothing has been announced yet???

Do not take any notice of him,he is just wasting eveyones time.

I have an email from KK that says it is Eagles and Brum.

Just disappointed that Kent will be left in a poor NL,which will be no better than SDL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Do not take any notice of him,he is just wasting eveyones time.

I have an email from KK that says it is Eagles and Brum.

Just disappointed that Kent will be left in a poor NL,which will be no better than SDL.

With kents fan base and excellent stadium facilities, they should be racing at a higher level. You can only tread water for so long before the public lose interest. If kent and Eastie race on the same night next year, I'm more likely to be heading for sussex.

If Eastie are moving up, you would expect Jon Cook to return to run the team and bring in some former Hammers to spear head the team.  Lawson, Ellis, Kennett must be possibilities to fill a couple of heat leader spots.  Cook knows Jason Edwards very well after years at Arena together and Brennan would be an automatic choice at reserve.

Got to agree with Cliv Clav. I can see the now unemployed  Jon Cook doing a deal with his good friends at Eastbourne as Team Manager and bringing the nucleus of the now defunct Lakeside team to bring the Eagles up to Championship standard. All of Eastbourne’s assets were signed over to Lakeside for “safe keeping” after the NL banned clubs holing rider assets so Eastbourne would appear to have a competitive side at least at Arlington. 

As a TM Cook used to be OK, but IMO out of his depth as a “ co promoter” at Lakeside. Maybe a return to the Sussex coast away from the traffic jams of the Dartford Crosing will do him good.

46 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

With kents fan base and excellent stadium facilities, they should be racing at a higher level. You can only tread water for so long before the public lose interest. If kent and Eastie race on the same night next year, I'm more likely to be heading for sussex.

I have said this for years.But Club still in third tier????? I have already aired my opinion on this matter.

Personally I hope that Kent DO remain in the National League.  I visit quite often during the season, just as I also visit Arlington.

I enjoy the racing at both venues without supporting either team.  Reason is that I can sit in reasonable comfort at both places which

is essential for older people like me.  And I like watching the development of youngsters which is why I like the NL.  All the nonsense 

I keep reading on this forum about which teams and riders are moving this way or that IS just nonsense until it is a fact. I do not think

anyone who posts on here knows any more than I do about the given situation.....it's all just guesswork.....good fun though...keep it up !