British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2018

eaglesno1

1 hour ago, gee jay said:

last season mark baseby and charley powell won a pairs meeting on the grass , can anyone tell me where it was ? thanks. 

It was at Frittenden.

http://www.dirthub.co.uk/grasstrack/twos-company-frittenden-grasstrack-pairs-race-report-and-results/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-faUuJ_jQ << The final starts at 7 minutes 45 seconds in the video.

Edited by eaglesno1

As an occasional visitor to Arlington where I always enjoy the racing in spite of the track being a bit one sided, the Dugards always seem

to make good choices. I shall miss the excitement of Jake Knight and I'm not sure that Baseby is a good enough No 1, but he IS a very

capable performer. The Eagles strength this year, for me, is in their bottom 3. Kelsey a better rider than his average and Edwards one of

the better newcomers and with Brooks on the verge of a breakthrough. Top 3 IMO

• 2 weeks later...

If this is true and I cannot confirm it, then the visitors ( in plain English) are

Jake Knight

Matt Bates

Alfie Bowtell

Luke Harris

Ben Hopwood

Matt Saul

Dan Gilkes

An interesting side with a lot of 'racers' but since when were Bowtell and Gilkes former eagles?

Will be a really good work out for this years team with no real home track advantage and a lot to see with Brooks and Gilkes the rookies and Edwards who we know well over the last 6 or 7 years to compare them with.

I wanted Jake at No1 this year although I agree Mark will be a better captain and counsellor so there should be three interesting races between them.

15 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Just seen twitter It looks now to be bailey Bates Bowtell hunter Hopwood Bursill gilkes 

2 fairly even teams 

14 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

No its not, Forman IT team for this season will wreck that team.

Don't think the result for this one is in too much danger. Needed Knight, Bailey & Hopwood to make a spectacle of it. Whilst Gilkes is a talented developing rider i think the current Eastbourne reserves will batter the challengers and the result will be decided from the 6&7 berths

Eastbourne Speedway will stage one of the British Under-21 semi-finals on April 7.

The top seven riders will go forward to the final at Birmingham.

The other-semi-final is at Newcastle.

Line-up for the Arlington meeting is to be confirmed but the Forman IT Eagles have a number of candidates from this year’s team: Tom Brennan, Kelsey Dugard, Jason Edwards and Charlie Brooks.

Robert Lambert and Dan Bewley have been seeded direct to the final.

Eastbourne open their season with the Forman IT Eagles v the IT First Eagles.

The match, which was planned for the end of last season, will now be run in memory of clerk of the course, Malcolm Cole, who died a few weeks after racing in 2017 ended.

The IT First Eagles team is set to contain a number of ex-Eastbourne riders and will be on March 24.

Earlier in the day the club’s official press and practice session will be held.

Sandwiching the opener and the Under-21 semi-final will be a friendly against Kent in the second leg of the Easter Chase on March 31.