British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2018

5 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Am hearing a rumour of a rider returning to the bears ranks which will come as a surprise, but a very pleasing one for Bears fans!! 

4 hours ago, boz said:

Proctor perhaps? 

Could be Proctor and although would be welcomed, hardly describe it a 'very pleasing' one - he is decent, but no more - similar to a Summers - steady away but he and Barker would form a decent top-two, however - ideally we would get someone a tad stronger. Surely not Ostergaard?

Personally the one former Bear I would love back is Matty T - one of the most entertaining riders ever to grace the STMP.

Edited by RedcarRacer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Could be Proctor and although would be welcomed, hardly describe it a 'very pleasing' one - he is decent, but no more - similar to a Summers - steady away but he and Barker would form a decent top-two, however - ideally we would get someone a tad stronger. Surely not Ostergaard?

Personally the one former Bear I would love back is Matty T - one of the most entertaining riders ever to grace the STMP.

Won’t be osterguard as he’s Already been named at Peterborough. I would also love to see Matty t back but think it’s more likely to be matty kus. Would be surprised if proctor’s not back with the comets next year 

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, RedcarRacer said:

Can't be Kus - that wouldnt be 'very pleasing' to anyone but him. 

That's rather harsh, as I recall he was rider of the year last time and on many occasions held things together. He also wanted to stay but Newcastle ordered him back.

Signing Kus would be a big +

43 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

That's rather harsh, as I recall he was rider of the year last time and on many occasions held things together. He also wanted to stay but Newcastle ordered him back.

He refused to ride for Redcar in order to get his move to Newcastle - like with Roynon etc - you turn your back on my club and I don't want you. Enough riders out there not take back anyone like that.

It would be a backward step signing him, he won't add to his average and is not reliable - not a great heatleader. 

Edited by RedcarRacer

38 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

Except when the Richie arrives and he locks himself in the lavatory. He hasn't lived up to his promise in any way, having him back would hardly be inspiring.