British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2018

Just now, Yearbyred said:

Most Redcar fans would have no issues with Kus being replaced I think - he wasn't a popular (re) signing and has been extremely inconsistent and many have lost patience with him.

RedcarRacer is one of the few who wants Barker replacing - for all his issues (Barkers not RR's) I think most Redcar fans think he should be kept (injury permitting)

And it is not a personal thing we either...Kus is what he is most of us knew what was coming.

Barker has let himself down, five wins at home from five meetings is truly awful, but as I have said I think our promotion will stay loyal and I don't have a problem with that given the season is over as a contest for us.

Barkers form seems to of picked up recently though?

do agree tho, he should have at least two decent bikes of his own considering his expierience. Seems to of gone downhill ever since leaving Plymouth , where he was quite simply superb. Assume he had top sponsorship there which has now gone?

8 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

And it is not a personal thing we either...Kus is what he is most of us knew what was coming.

Barker has let himself down, five wins at home from five meetings is truly awful, but as I have said I think our promotion will stay loyal and I don't have a problem with that given the season is over as a contest for us.

Notice Kus got a 5-1 last night (clearly needs a good night to kick start his season) then gets injured, still a fan of Kus

But as a team overall if you lot don't get bad luck with injuries this season you would get no luck at all.

23 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Barker and Kus need to go simple. 

Barker needs to go no where. The reason is the same as the reason I didn't agree with those who wanted Garrity out last season...……………… Box office.

2 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Barker needs to go no where. The reason is the same as the reason I didn't agree with those who wanted Garrity out last season...……………… Box office.

You can't be box office riding NL bikes - he is just unprofessional to the extreme, but as I have said, season is over now anyway so may as well see what he does when he is back to fitness, surely can't be any worse then what he has been ...and I don't think five heats wins in five home meetings is Box Office, but that is probably me being old fashioned...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

You can't be box office riding NL bikes - he is just unprofessional to the extreme, but as I have said, season is over now anyway so may as well see what he does when he is back to fitness, surely can't be any worse then what he has been ...and I don't think five heats wins in five home meetings is Box Office, but that is probably me being old fashioned...

I thought "old fashioned" was those that enjoyed close "box office" racing and its the modern way who prefer "gate and go" racing and win at all costs. Remember when happiness used to be 40-38

11 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

I thought "old fashioned" was those that enjoyed close "box office" racing and its the modern way who prefer "gate and go" racing and win at all costs. Remember when happiness used to be 40-38

I just don't see how anyone can think Barker has been anything but poor this season, and it has ALL been of his own making with his shocking preparations....he was signed to lead the team and be number one, and he just hasn't - this season he has been one of the worst number ones we have ever had, 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you could provide Ben Barker with bikes and a mechanic and just get him to arrive and ride you will get the best out of him.  

Was brilliant in two spells at Ipswich but carries a lot of baggage. 

That's been the problem with Ben wherever he's been , when he's good he's great to watch , I love his guts or glory style , but there always seems to be another problem just around the next corner for him 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you could provide Ben Barker with bikes and a mechanic and just get him to arrive and ride you will get the best out of him.  

Was brilliant in two spells at Ipswich but carries a lot of baggage. 

So, what he needs is 1) Bikes, 2) a mechanic and 3) someone to carry his kit bag, etc.   :D :P :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

That's been the problem with Ben wherever he's been , when he's good he's great to watch , I love his guts or glory style , but there always seems to be another problem just around the next corner for him 

Gambling is a very destructive thing, the problem only goes away when you stop ...

• Like 1

There always seems to be a back story with Barker and in recent times this chaos is having an effect on the racing. I know it goes on, but there should be no way a rider should expect any club to provide him with the tools of his trade, especially the likes of Barker who you would think would be able to gather some kind of equipment together.

1 minute ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

If Ben Barker was riding NL bikes at Newcastle last week, I'd love to see him on decent kit because he was excellent. 

If you don't want him at Redcar please send him on the A19 northbound - imo he would fit in at Newcastle and maybe George would be the man to get him ticking over nicely.

You can have Kus, Barker might well not ride again for a long time.

• Like 1

I think Ben would admit his scores have not been great, especially at home. He is unquestionably box office though, and he never gives up. If we had had another heatleader before now it would also have taken a bit of pressure off him.

• Like 2