British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2018

To be honest, Konopka probably looked the best of the unattached guys. 

Great to see Stewart have a good meeting though, passed both Barker and Jorgensen with great moves and just looked much smoother. Barker was again quick but having to do it all from behind, cant gate for love nor money at the moment.

4 hours ago, MANSE said:

The first word in his statement is the clue  [4 legs and a tail ]

Dog, Cat, Cow, Bull, Mouse, Sheep (for my Aberdeen friends), Pig, HORSE, Coyote, another HORSE, Gerbal, Guinea Pig, 

All the above have 4 legs and a tail must be ONE in that lot that meets the criteria.

19 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Dog, Cat, Cow, Bull, Mouse, Sheep (for my Aberdeen friends), Pig, HORSE, Coyote, another HORSE, Gerbal, Guinea Pig, 

All the above have 4 legs and a tail must be ONE in that lot that meets the criteria.

And I BET you know which one (does that help TWK?)

59 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

NL replacement for Kus on Thursday against Glasgow!

Just gets better and better.

Ain't too impressed with Duffill's explanation either ( taken from Club website)

“Matej Kus is required to race tonight in his home country, the Czech Republic. He has to be there or his federation will suspend his license, making it impossible for him to race here today. The BSPA will not recognise this meeting like they do in Denmark, Poland or Sweden, where we WOULD have got a facility. So he is penalised due to his nationality. We are forced to use a National League guest even though Matej is riding in his home country. I completely fail to understand how this is in the best interests of the sport and it is the paying public that suffer in the end. What a ridiculous situation!”

It may well be a ridiculous situation but surely the management knew this before the season started!

Right about one thing though - it's the paying public that suffer...yet again

Damage limitation yet again :(

1 minute ago, erimus11 said:

Just gets better and better.

Ain't too impressed with Duffill's explanation either ( taken from Club website)

“Matej Kus is required to race tonight in his home country, the Czech Republic. He has to be there or his federation will suspend his license, making it impossible for him to race here today. The BSPA will not recognise this meeting like they do in Denmark, Poland or Sweden, where we WOULD have got a facility. So he is penalised due to his nationality. We are forced to use a National League guest even though Matej is riding in his home country. I completely fail to understand how this is in the best interests of the sport and it is the paying public that suffer in the end. What a ridiculous situation!”

It may well be a ridiculous situation but surely the management knew this before the season started!

Right about one thing though - it's the paying public that suffer...yet again

Damage limitation yet again :(

Of course they did, as for "the paying public" he should have thought of that when he assembled this shower.

• Like 1

I see our team manager on social media stating its Ty Proctor as a guest on Thursday, best leave the Social Media thing alone I think Cami :wub:.

Better not saying anything at all if it is not correct.

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

I see our team manager on social media stating its Ty Proctor as a guest on Thursday, best leave the Social Media thing alone I think Cami :wub:.

Better not saying anything at all if it is not correct.

Just listening to Kevin Keay on the local radio , Ty Proctor was booked as guest to replace Kus but Glasgow appealed and it was ruled that a NL guest had to be used, Ryan Terry Daley.

Edited by Yearbyred

1 minute ago, Yearbyred said:

Just listening to Kevin Keay on the local radio , Ty Proctor was booked as guest to replace Kus but Glasgow appealed and it was ruled that a NL guest had to be used.

Was it not the BSPA that made the ruling as they dont recognize the league he is riding in.

Remember seeing it somwhere but it was never mentioned Glasgow appealed.

But whatever happened it is another farce and the paying public short changed once again, this sport stumbles from one crazy ruling to another crazy ruling , we turn up at the start of every season hoping common sense prevails alas it is only hope.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was it not the BSPA that made the ruling as they dont recognize the league he is riding in.

Remember seeing it somwhere but it was never mentioned Glasgow appealed.

But whatever happened it is another farce and the paying public short changed once again, this sport stumbles from one crazy ruling to another crazy ruling , we turn up at the start of every season hoping common sense prevails alas it is only hope.

Can't understand how the BSPA Don't recognise the league. Speedway is speedway isn't it? or is it the BSPA making rules to suit them when it suits.