British Speedway Forum

Workington 2018 .

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

its funny that workington tried to do something that was IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE SPORT by running a few off nights (Friday) so the comets faithful could watch Craig in the G.P.s on Saturdays . 

this was all agreed and the fixture lise was done and dustes .

then mr Godfrey couldnt get a guest sorted out on fridays when Steve Worrall was injured , because there were too many champ clubs running on Fridays .

so these were  pulled from certain clubs . that left many teams playing catchup with meetings . well done godfrey and that other m,..et . 

in the BEST INTEREST OF THE SPORT . my hearth .

nice result from scunt horpe last night . kama . love it ..

measure once , cut twice , that his way . 

I take it that's the Rabbi in you?     Oooooooo!

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

then mr Godfrey couldnt get a guest sorted out on fridays when Steve Worrall was injured , because there were too many champ clubs running on Fridays .

so these were  pulled from certain clubs . that left many teams playing catchup with meetings . well done godfrey and that other m,..et . 

now i know you dont have a repuation for being the sharpest tool in the shed but i think if look,the time the decison was made Steve Worrall was declared fit

interesting you dont mention the two fixtures home fixtures that you pulled on a Saturday earlier in the season?

and who was it who had to take an NL guest to Glasgow one a Friday because you couldnt get a guest?

and its also interesting looking back to last year who were we waiting for to complete meetings   again?    on yes,it was Workington  was it 5 or 6 you had to run last September?

obviously just adding Balance to the argument

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, montie said:

now i know you dont have a repuation for being the sharpest tool in the shed but i think if look,the time the decison was made Steve Worrall was declared fit

interesting you dont mention the two fixtures home fixtures that you pulled on a Saturday earlier in the season?

and who was it who had to take an NL guest to Glasgow one a Friday because you couldnt get a guest?

and its also interesting looking back to last year who were we waiting for to complete meetings   again?    on yes,it was Workington  was it 5 or 6 you had to run last September?

obviously just adding Balance to the argument

reputations mean nothing .lol . or was it Stefan Nielsen i was thinking of ? yea, , thats right ,  it was Stefan .

ah . Dale Lamb . good job we couldnt get a guest innit ! 

last year , this is 2018 ...

still ,alls well that ends well ,  Gromit .

23 minutes ago, jenga said:

reputations mean nothing .lol . or was it Stefan Nielsen i was thinking of ? yea, , thats right ,  it was Stefan .

ah . Dale Lamb . good job we couldnt get a guest innit ! 

last year , this is 2018 ...

still ,alls well that ends well ,  Gromit .

stefan is third in averages  so guest not allowed

next guess?

• Haha 1

After the awful night Saturday , hopefully Comets can re-group and carry on fighting for the playoffs..any news from promotion on how they going to get any more meetings in before the cut-off ? Be a crying shame after all the hard work so far the lads have put in all be for nothing. might be financial suicide for double headers, off night racing etc. but will even itself out as i can't see many folk coming to meaningless league meeting matches either when there's nothing to race for .time is running out !

• Like 1

A massive thanks must go to the promotion, I bet this week has been an absolute nightmare agreeing fixtures before the cut-off !! 

Praying for fine weather and plenty of support to cheer these boys onto the play-offs, we still hanging on in there.. Come on boys we can do this !!! :)

• Like 2

Taken from NL Completing Fixtures thread

the problem is that when there's call off's early in the season there's no effort by either side to get a restaging as there's so much of the year to go then when our usual 'summer' weather hits we get what we have now . the fact we are here again after the summer we had this year just hammers home that nothing will ever change . 

&

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, Islander15 said:

I agree. Isle of Wight will finish their league meetings in August and have reported healthy crowds during the summer months. They’ve created a challenge type meeting in the first week of September to extend the season and issue a seasonal farewell. This whole concept has been well received by supporters: get the meetings done in good weather in the summer when they still mean something and allowing a nice flow to near weekly meetings plus  one unofficial meeting in September which allows a speedway fix without adding meaningless fixtures in. Regular Warriors fans have enjoyed this organisation, so it’s not just about pleasing the holidaying supporters either. 

I have to agree.  Berwick and Sheffield were the same in that they finished in August. Teams make excuses to move the cut off date and all it does is affect the teams that get on with the league meetings.  It is mostly the same teams every year that drags the season out.:drink: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

With Nicolai's Polish team riding in the 1st leg of the play-off final on Sunday 16th does this mean we are back in the NL only guest scenario again for the ttip to Newcastle ?

Think we can use a  Championship guest as it is a re-arranged meeting.

Could do a lot worse than getting our Friday night guest if Nicolai is in Poland.