British Speedway Forum

Workington 2018 .

10 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

I thought we did assist them when they asked to cancel the home meeting, royal wedding and fa cup day and 3 riders missing?

Cancelling the meeting originally isn't the issue getting it back on is!! :D

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

When is the cut off date,and what chances of all clubs completing fixtures before cut - off.

Peterborough official Neil Watson commented on their 2018-thread on this forum that the final weekend to count towards the play-offs is Sat-8th/Sun-9th September so that's 9 weeks beyond this weekend for the Thursday tracks and 8 weeks for the rest who won't be using the Cardiff-GP weekend.

After last night's meetings, the remaining home Championship meetings are ...

Peterborough, Glasgow - 4 each

Lakeside, Berwick, Newcastle, Sheffield, Scunthorpe, Redcar - 5 each

Ipswich - 7 (but that includes hosting Redcar on the Thursday before the Cardiff-GP)

Workington, Edinburgh - both 8 

So it's only the Comets & Monarchs seriously jammed up against the cut-off deadline unless the Witches suffer a bundle of rainoffs with the rest comfortably on schedule.

• Like 3

come on dan nows the time to go round trying for sponsors to come on board 

this team must be the best "team" as in working as a team and getting the job done 

we are on a roll and look like its gonna be a good season aslong as we can keep going 

use the media to the teams advantage we need support 

either from sponsors or more frans coming through the doors

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Nice to see a good positive article on news and star website early on 

Need to get the message out how this team could be winners this year 

Great stuff.... And once the powers that be let us actually get some Home meetings in, start to pack that Grandstand and terraces to cheer these boys on to Trophies and give them and Laura the backing they deserve 

• Like 5

Workington & other promotions are trying to push the issue into running meetings when their riders have hit a bit of form while we are still using multi guests & r/r. :shock: :mad:

I said earlier when we agreed to the postponement at Workington on 19th May if other teams would play ball if the shoe was on the other foot. :nono: :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Workington & other promotions are trying to push the issue into running meetings when their riders have hit a bit of form while we are still using multi guests & r/r. :shock: :mad:

I said earlier when we agreed to the postponement at Workington on 19th May if other teams would play ball if the shoe was on the other foot. :nono: :rolleyes:

:nono::rolleyes::o Thought I'd get a few emoji's in first :lol:  You're  just not grasping it are you...its not about the postponement with your lot, it was about all our Friday's fixtures going forward being removed from the Fixture list without an explanation . We aren't pushing for anything just to ride on the AGREED nights from the start of the season , nothing to do with meeting teams as we've hit a bit of form ... Got it ???? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I won't lie Friday's cancelled home meeting against Newcastle has got me baffled thanks to this stupid rule brought in by the bspa.glorious weather and two teams ready to race sitting on there bums at home Instead of been on track that night.it wouldn't be so bad if either team was riding somewhere else and make this ruling kinda understandable.

Edited by bigbird
  • Like 2

It was announced at the Workington v Glasgow  meeting, week before last, that the Comets and other clubs had been asked to change Friday night fixtures, they weren' t happy, fixtures agreed in January.  Sometime last week the Comets and others had fixtures taken off the fixture list by the BSPA.  The Comets are affected most,  Edinburgh & Peterborough not so much I believe. Ok to ride last Friday against Berwick cos they ride Saturday.  The issue seems to be rider availability for guests to cover injuries.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I won't lie Friday's cancelled home meeting against Newcastle has got me baffled thanks to this stupid rule brought in by the bspa.glorious weather and two teams ready to race sitting on there bums at home Instead of been on track that night.it wouldn't be so bad if either team was riding somewhere else and make this ruling kinda understandable.

I can only think it's so riders are available for guest appearances,  it's a case of you can't ride Fridays, even though in January we agreed you could on these Fridays.

• Like 1

no chance of young kyle getting dropped . we are not that sort of promotion . British speedway needs clubs like workington to bring on the young uns . 

stop talking poooo . altho he may be replaced by Greg Hancock !  :party: