British Speedway Forum

Workington 2018 .

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Tell who to go and multiply. Bspa or Glasgow Lots of posters suggest that the lack of fixtures is a joke, no one wants to come and race Workington, and we'll never get the shield finished. Glasgow seems to have agreed to come so why not run a match. I'm sure a guest would be allowed for any rider if they are racing in Poland or official fixture 

Pray please tell ...... why did Glasgow not want to come to Workington on the 21st. 

Owt to do with Messer's Harris and Worrell not being available to ride? Makes ya think!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, workyboy said:

Pray please tell ...... why did Glasgow not want to come to Workington on the 21st. 

Owt to do with Messer's Harris and Worrell not being available to ride? Makes ya think!!!

No idea if Glasgow was invited or not. All I'm saying is that they are willing to come this Saturday. Would have thought with workys problems they would want a meeting ASAP. There riders will want to earn some money, the promotion will want to remind there fans that speedway exists and that the problems reported on here by jenga and co have been solved. Throw in the fact that the Tigers haven't clicked yet gives you a great opportunity to win and qualify for the next stage. You also can rely on a big travelling support as we don't have a home match. If you prefer to run it when the group has already been decided and therefore no travelling support, then that is up to you 

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

No idea if Glasgow was invited or not. All I'm saying is that they are willing to come this Saturday. Would have thought with workys problems they would want a meeting ASAP. There riders will want to earn some money, the promotion will want to remind there fans that speedway exists and that the problems reported on here by jenga and co have been solved. Throw in the fact that the Tigers haven't clicked yet gives you a great opportunity to win and qualify for the next stage. You also can rely on a big travelling support as we don't have a home match. If you prefer to run it when the group has already been decided and therefore no travelling support, then that is up to you 

so what problems have workington got ? our initial fixture list has a 3 week break . riders are still riding in other leagues. so where is the problem ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

so what problems have workington got ? our initial fixture list has a 3 week break . riders are still riding in other leagues. so where is the problem ?

And one got a very nice pay packet guesting for a Championship side on Sunday!!

Edited by StevePark

1 hour ago, jenga said:

in addition to the ones I suggested? Ok, how about having a 3 week break in your initial fixture list; who thinks that is a good way to attract and retain a crowd . as another poster pointed out you will be playing catch up and could even be out of the competition before you've really got started, which is sad cos on paper you are better than Berwick and Edinburgh and with our tentative start to the season you would likely beat us on Saturday. But hey I'm not really bothered when the match takes place but when it does I hope you get the crowd you deserve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

in addition to the ones I suggested? Ok, how about having a 3 week break in your initial fixture list; who thinks that is a good way to attract and retain a crowd . as another poster pointed out you will be playing catch up and could even be out of the competition before you've really got started, which is sad cos on paper you are better than Berwick and Edinburgh and with our tentative start to the season you would likely beat us on Saturday. But hey I'm not really bothered when the match takes place but when it does I hope you get the crowd you deserve

i wonder who puts the fixture list together !  to be fair tho , we are still going to get the fixtures on regardless and that is what we all pay our money for .

i remember Edinburgh hanging on to put the league meeting on against workington one year and when it finally came around , it was past the deadline to qualify   for the play off,s and any points that we may have got were not included in the final tally towards the final play offs.  .so nothing has changed at all . its still run by people with their own interest(promoters) in mind .

but we just have to go with it , dont we ?

Edited by jenga

that is a good signing for workington . always puts on a great show and never give up . welcome to the marras ..

a cracking move from the worky management . 

international star wars day cant come quick enough now . 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

well 

are Workington showing on there day there a threat to most home or away 

too early to say but 2 very convincing away victories 

as said before season started a team with strength in depth is better than a top heavy or strong bottom end 

aslong as the strength in depth team all perform at the same time 

if young bickley settles down and scores a few points I'm sure comets might just take a few more points on the road

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

It's interesting that Worky have never track their full Team this season so far,guest or R/r in every match.

But aren't we doing well :P hopefully next Thursday might be the night at Sheffield, when we have Mason back :t:

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It's interesting that Worky have never track their full Team this season so far,guest or R/r in every match.

neither have Sheffield or Poole come to think of it . i am sure there will be more teams like us .

i wonder what the reason is for that then ?

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

But aren't we doing well :P hopefully next Thursday might be the night at Sheffield, when we have Mason back :t:

I'm genuinely pleased that your doing well,love my visits to Worky really enjoy the racing there.I hope the results puts afew more on the attendances as it was pretty poor when I was over for the Berwick match ,it can't survive on these numbers.IMO.

• Like 2