British Speedway Forum

Workington 2018 .

so apparently the bspa are not happy that our season has been poor so far due to the fixture list we were told last night Workington and other clubs have been asked or told to try and rearrange some fixtures 

dispite 1 or 2 clubs been already offered dates to reschedule which they have turned down looks like Workington gonna struggle again to fit in fixtures

I wonder if some of the fixtures the bspa want rearranged  don't suit certain teams and they want a date that does suit them when Workington have riders missing

now come on bspa and all other teams start to play fair  

whats wrong are you now scared Workington are a force to be reconed with as apposed to the team that most wrote off and slagged off as no hopers pre season

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

so apparently the bspa are not happy that our season has been poor so far due to the fixture list we were told last night Workington and other clubs have been asked or told to try and rearrange some fixtures 

dispite 1 or 2 clubs been already offered dates to reschedule which they have turned down looks like Workington gonna struggle again to fit in fixtures

I wonder if some of the fixtures the bspa want rearranged  don't suit certain teams and they want a date that does suit them when Workington have riders missing

now come on bspa and all other teams start to play fair  

whats wrong are you now scared Workington are a force to be reconed with as apposed to the team that most wrote off and slagged off as no hopers pre season

You could always arrange a challenge against Glasgow not as though were down much and keeps your eye in ;).

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jenga said:

i did not see many glasgow fans @ workington yesterday . normally the back straight is quite full of them . makes a change for workington fans to outnumber travelling tiggs fans .

Demralised being fed the party line that things are ok and not to panic the support are voting with there feet so it seems.

As i say we always go to Workington car sharing but had no appetite for it yesterday fed up is an understatement.

Edited by Gazc

Before this season started I thought Workington were refused permission to run meetings at home on Friday nights as too many teams were already doing  so, how then have we managed to get half a season's worth of home fixtures arranged for said Friday nights? :unsure:

We all know it's as much the riders dictating these meetings  as promoters so....half way thru the season and these arrangements have to be altered to suit and we go back to racing Saturday's, hey, that's good for me and it's how it should have been from the start but seriously, is this likely to happen, with little to no cooperation within the speedway ranks thesedays I would think this to be nigh on impossible to achieve?

Certainly have had/ still got loads of Saturday's available but will we get any reinstated for official fixtures, to be fair many were simply to avoid clashes with the GP's and Craig Cook,s participation in them but it's not just us that have to change, if we moved meetings to the weekend would other clubs come anyway, if you asked them nicely and you received a polite "no thank you" it's not in our interests... would they be forced to race, is this likely? :rolleyes:

Going to cause some problems this and I await the outcomes with some interest? ;)

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware fixtures were agreed at the start of the season for Workington to run mostly Friday nites  July/August, now mid way through the season bspa say that is not possible, IMO speedway in this country is f###d if that's the opinion of the controling body !!!

• Like 2

the thing is the fixture list was setup and agreed pre season 

how they can change it now it could only be a speedway thing 

but the biggest kick in the teeth over this is we were told to keep a eye on social media as fixtures could change at short notice 

theres more than me that refuse to go down the facebook route  so we rely on third hand info 

its pretty obvious the people making the rules in this country should have nothing to do with it as they are too biased and change the goal posts all the time somethings not going there way 

Edited by scaramanga

12 hours ago, scaramanga said:

the thing is the fixture list was setup and agreed pre season 

how they can change it now it could only be a speedway thing 

but the biggest kick in the teeth over this is we were told to keep a eye on social media as fixtures could change at short notice 

theres more than me that refuse to go down the facebook route  so we rely on third hand info 

its pretty obvious the people making the rules in this country should have nothing to do with it as they are too biased and change the goal posts all the time somethings not going there way 

The longer this season goes on the more ridiculous it gets? :unsure:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Lucan said:

The longer this season goes on the more ridiculous it gets? :unsure:

Obviously we are ruffling a few feathers LL, other team managers getting a bit twitchy at how we are doing so trying to pull a fast one and put a spanner in our works :nono:

The BSPA should be an independent body of people not bloody Team Managers who have teams in the League they are making decisions about , its all wrong :mad:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

The BSPA should be an independent body of people not bloody Team Managers who have teams in the League they are making decisions about , its all wrong :mad:

I've always said this.

It's the same teams who get sc***ed regarding fixtures every year whilst other teams sail merrily on, with rules seemingly being made up to suit the chosen few as they go.

Time for a real shake up - however I won't hold my breath as real supporters ask for this every year.:mad:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Is Friday night working for crowd levels,was over for Berwick match and the crowd was poor IMO 

Dunno mate, I haven't been to any Friday meetings, such as they've been, so I can't answer that question?

Seen very little so far with one thing and another, 3 to be precise but judging by what I've read it doesn't improve matters at all, maybe if there's a run of meetings to go at on Friday it may yield a different story so it's a case of wait and see really!! Strangely enough you being a Berwick fan you'll get first hand experience, your up next for us a week on Friday!! :D

2 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Why have hundreds stopped going?

That question has been done to death on various threads mate, when you under achieve it affects people's desire to watch, too many long breaks causes interest to wane, (like this season for example) other things take priority, it all adds up, it's a shame for certain as the product in the Championship is good unfortunately the way it's run isn't? :(

• Like 1

theres not 1 reason

it started to drop off before tony mole sold it on 

the new promotor started of by banning loads who didn't see eye to eye with around 200 were lost almost straight away with everyone who got banned there was probably 2 or 3 friends and family that stopped going 

there was also a break down in communication between club and fans 

so a few more drop off in time 

then the club passed on to the current promotion at first it picked up slightly  but again for 1 reason or another similar story break down in communication/relationship  between promotion and fans 

few mistakes been made some corrected some not 

but same result when 1 stops going the people around them think about it some follow and don't return 

its a shame as Derwent park can produce some good speedway and over the years ive made some decent friends from speedway 

it needs fans and promotion to work together  

there will never be anything that pleases everyone all the time  but it cant be all 1 way either 

• Like 1