British Speedway Forum

Workington 2018 .

5 hours ago, jenga said:

if we dont see someone getting their stomach pumped , we will buy food .see if you can get it announced on the P.A. that you have survived the man v food thing .

GAZC is my mate going to be there or has he been sacked ?

We will be down Saturday tee-total for me as I will be the driver on the night , however it means I can have a bevy the following week on the trip to Berwick. 

52 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

id just like to say its nice and honest from you to join in

rather than defend the promotion 

we know how you dislike the negativity regarding speedway but it needs sorted if we are to survive

not just the food but everything

I will defend where required and I will be honest when I have to be... being a member of the Workington Speedway Trust.. I know what it is taking to keep speedway running... not just in Workington... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We will be down Saturday tee-total for me as I will be the driver on the night , however it means I can have a bevy the following week on the trip to Berwick. 

thats good to know . get a few hundred more in tow . food should be okay as they are cooking it as i type .

Just now, jenga said:

thats good to know . get a few hundred more in tow . food should be okay as they are cooking it as i type .

There will be a large travelling support both weeks that is a given.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

reason i posted shaz

is that you have defended before when really it was obvious things wernt right

but like you i really would love all speedway not just workington to gain a new lease of life

I know where I've defended and I can get frustrated and annoyed too not just with Workington but speedway as a whole... If people have issues then the best way to deal with them IMO is to speak to the people themselves like I did on Saturday night to Steve... rather than rant on a forum.. just my opinion... which everyone is allowed. :)

It’s actually refreshing for some of the stalwarts openly posting their personal disappointment.

The trouble is, I feel it is too little too late, people have been voting with their feets. Supporters clubs/trusts should also be there to voice the issues and concerns of the general supporter too. unfortunately that never seems to come across  and we are deemed as only being negative towards the club. Hopefully with you taking up your disappointment with the promotion then it will be addressed, those closer to any club will have more clout when issues are raised.

When the die hard supporters start posting their disappointment on an open forum,  just think what the general supporters are saying to family, friends and work colleagues etc etc.

SHH  scaramange . dont tell anyone about the dishwater that was served as tea or coffee . oopps too late .

yes some of the promotion do ignore fans issues . saturdays issues are the latest . mr whitehead is very unapproachable . speak to him and you are banned for having an opinion ..

but nice to see that some members are on the same page as the fans ..

1 minute ago, jenga said:

SHH  scaramange . dont tell anyone about the dishwater that was served as tea or coffee . oopps too late .

yes some of the promotion do ignore fans issues . saturdays issues are the latest . mr whitehead is very unapproachable . speak to him and you are banned for having an opinion ..

but nice to see that some members are on the same page as the fans ..

I am a paying fan.. I am a member of the trust trying to help the future of workington speedway.. a trust which anyone can be involved in BTW...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, comet49 said:

Oh dear, on local news programme.  “Workington Comets rider Charles Wright came second in the Cumberland  Open”.....

Thank god for that C49 I thought I was hearing things!! :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, shazza13 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if u like Lord Lucan but £2.50 will be the programme price this season... it was announced at meet the riders thatJacko wanted to bring back a proper programme this season..24 colour pages. Unfortunately the price is determined by printing costs.  

Thank You Shazza......that is very disappointing of you!! :D

Positives - good line up and some cracking racing from alot of the lads, good to see Mason look good on track to he impressed me in his early few rides looked the best I’ve seen him in a while good to see

Steve Lawson and his team done a great job of the track with minimal disruptions to the meeting top job

Negatives - Why can’t we start on time ? I’m a hardcore fan who’s been since 99 and I put up with it but others won’t - it was freezing and the first night back (impress possible new fans) so why do we roll bikes out at about  7:10 / 7:15 whatever it was why? We done it last year and continue to do it ... if this is the case please state 7:30 start time?

Coffee on the second bend was basically a health hazard never tasted anything like it in my life! 

But despite the negatives I love my Speedway and enjoyed the racing, fingers crossed injuries aside I’d like to think our team can push for the playoffs lots of potential 

Edited by stoneylegend

15 hours ago, scaramanga said:

i do agree some things are better delt with off forums but its there own fault they have shut down some methords of comuniaction and ignore other methords

thats it from me before i slip up and posible release a few facts that others would like kept quiet

You really wonder why they have closed down the Unofficial Forum , its not rocket science :rolleyes: the same couple of people using it for slanging abuse to the promotion . There's ways and means of getting your point across without starting doing the same on this Forum as well . Pop yourself along to the office and take jenga with you , for gods sake , we have only had 1 meeting and you're off all ready. We approached Steve in the bar afterwards and made our point known about the food . If people had gone to the Meet the Riders/management meeting they would have known about the new ticket system, programme prices . We all have opinions /pay our money but the continuous slating is just getting tiresome !!

• Like 2