British Speedway Forum

I would say more than two steps back.Ok so gp riders and riders missing for 12 months are 9. what about some of these up an d coming U21 stars, what figure will be plucked out of the air for them?

I think the assessment used of 7 last season is fair. Don't see a need to change that. Probably be what Woryna will be on too.

• Like 1

I think the assessment used of 7 last season is fair. Don't see a need to change that. Probably be what Woryna will be on too.

If Musielak and Bellego finished on 7.37 then it's fair to think Woryna could achieve a 7 and be classed 7 too.

• Like 1

Never gonna happen as Poole wouldn't have their traditional "ringer" in the starting line-up :wink:

They thought Klindt would be the ringer last season and look how that turned out!

Nobody knows what will happen in a season.

Last season if you had said Poole will move on KK, Klindt and Newman before a wheel was turned you would have been ridiculed. Let alone replace them with Kennett, Lahti and Starke!

Yeah but Rye wouldn't be able to fit all 3 in with Doyle.

They could if the remaining three riders they signed had appropriately low averages. I think the bigger challenge would be how to afford the top four and that would be the reason to rule out such a line up.

It seems obvious now that this AGM was about cutting costs.

I don't have a problem with that apart from the fact that they lack the balls to come out and actually say so !

On the plus side, I hope that this decision will lead to closer racing :t:

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 3

They could if the remaining three riders they signed had appropriately low averages. I think the bigger challenge would be how to afford the top four and that would be the reason to rule out such a line up.

Would be a weak bottom end.

10.84 to get 3 riders.

Before anyone starts. Yes my screen name used to be Poole Pirates Fanatic.

• Like 1

I can see Doyle to Poole happening. With Brady's contract being terminated and going to Somerset. Otherwise Doyle wont get a ride which would be a shame for British Speedway.

BV - Cook

KL - ?

Leic - Vaculik

Poole - ?

Rye - Cant afford Doyle imo.

Somerset - Cant afford Doyle.

Swin - Morris

Wolves - Lindgren

Another change of name.

• Like 2

You wanted the top boys back. You now moan they won't come back.

You all want polish style teams,

Well if you want a polish style team. Go get one. Here's just 1 example

Zagar 7.48

Shamek pawlicki 6.75

Holder 7.16

Woffy 7.03

Piotr pawlicki 7.32

Bewley 4.71

Smith 2

= 42.45

Other options

Kildermand 7.10

Madsen 6.10

Fricke 7.39

Lindback 7

What a team that would be

I think this post from PTA meant those who made the initial rule of only one rider over eight points cack themselves, hence they changed the rules for GP riders...

Maybe they should invite Phil to the AGM next year to save time (and credibility)..😂😂

Edited by mikebv

sadly it is the BSPA fault theyve made so the top riders wont race here because of the way the sports run in this country.

So you keep saying. There are so many people in this country living above their means, but you still don't seem to grasp the concept that these top riders demand big bucks. In an ideal world when crowds would be flocking to attend the meetings, at an affordable price, probably we could afford these star riders. But until then we need to live within our means...... The sport has become too expensive to ride or to support as it used to be. Swindon won the league last year but still operated at a loss.. There must have been many more struggling to keep their heads above water., and you keep moaning about top riders....