British Speedway Forum

Overall sounds a decend agm. Dont like t/s in heat 14. Guess the one over8 is to stop clubs grabbing two over 8s while another club cant attract one. Sounds fair.

I agree regarding the one 8 point plus rider.

8 teams in the league

7 riders averaged over 8 plus Vaculik, means that they all have the chance to ride for an Premiership team.

The more I think about this, the more annoyed I get about it. Seriously, what is the point of actually bothering to try and ride well when you just get stuffed up for doing it.

If anyone really wonders why Poole Chuck the odd match away, or Coventry got Chris Harris to drop points to keep his average low, here is the reason. Right here.

You accept that if you are at the top of the league you will have to shed a few points the following year, but for the clubs to vote for something that is going to stuff the enthusiasm of fans at a club like Swindon annoys me so much.

It's not just about team strength, it's about keeping continuity going at a club. Such a shame, and I just hope that whichever rider gets palmed off to one of the happy-voter clubs comes back again.

Of course, nobody from those clubs is bothered about the effect this has on Swindon and their supporters. If ever there was a case for having proper rules that don't change every year as teams make up new ones that suit themselves, this is it.

As much as Wolves will be able to track a strong side the same principle applies here.

Freddie Lindgren and Jacob Thorssell have never ridden for another club in the UK and have no desire to do so.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 6

I agree regarding the one 8 point plus rider.

8 teams in the league

7 riders averaged over 8 plus Vaculik, means that they all have the chance to ride for an Premiership team.

Does not mean that at all ...Doyle etc might not ride in the uk ...Making a rule that possibly could rule out a World Champion in the uk is madness .

• Like 2

Does not mean that at all ...Doyle etc might not ride in the uk ...Making a rule that possibly could rule out a World Champion in the uk is madness .

Would Swindon drop Doyle in favour of Morris?

I very much doubt it, but the point I am making there are places for riders who did average over 8 just means it might not be the first team of their choice.

Would Swindon drop Doyle in favour of Morris?

I very much doubt it, but the point I am making there are places for riders who did average over 8 just means it might not be the first team of their choice.

By the look at the press releases I expect they might .Add to that to the fact that Thorsell is likely to miss the el as well if he does not get a place at wolves. If the rule was somehow make to sure over 8 point riders got shared around it's looklike it's going to fail.

The one 8 pointer rule has been brought in to share the top riders around.

Let's say that Swindon go with Doyle and Wolves go with Lindgren. What other team is going to sign Thorsell - who is great around Monmore Green and not so good elsewhere (and coming back from serious injury)? What team is going to sign Morris - who has a high average from not riding at number 1?

So far from sharing riders around it ensures that at least 2 of the top riders will probably not ride in the Premiership next year - which makes me very angry.

So Morris' reward for having a fantastic season - he will have to ride in the Championship for the season unless one of the big stars are injured and he gets the call. Total madness when you think that Swindon would almost certainly build a team around Doyle and Morris!

Edited by Steve0

I'd suggest that if Doyle doesn't ride in the UK in 2018 it will have far more to do with wage demands than any rule introduced at the AGM.

So the bottom 4 clubs voted for only one 8 point rider. And with belle vue not getting a vote that left it a 4-3 win for the one 8 point rider, if any of the bottom 4 don't sign a rider with an average of 8 or higher then what was the point

• Like 2

So the bottom 4 clubs voted for only one 8 point rider. And with belle vue not getting a vote that left it a 4-3 win for the one 8 point rider, if any of the bottom 4 don't sign a rider with an average of 8 or higher then what was the point

I can't find out where we can see who voted for what at the AGM, any links please?

Thanks

its all about bringing the more ambitious clubs down to the less ambitious clubs level again lowering the standard yet again . How far have standards fallen since the 80s clubs full of top riders 50 point points limit everyone who was anyone wanted and needed to race in the UK .

Total farce that BV didn't get a vote.

And won't next year either?

Is that correct?

If so, and they are in the bottom three next year, then expect "the top four" to win next year's vote on teams strengths..😁

A 'little bit farcical' sometimes isn't it the way the Sport is run?😕

Well said grachan they wonder why riders hav suspicious e.f's because they know you dont get a job next yr if your average is to high look at danny king and harris allways below 8 every year wonder why they allways get team place on bargain averages then only go up or down by 0.2 or 0.3 lol,and i hope riders who go to other teams on loan go back to there parent club on a reduced average!!

Kenny Bjerre was great for us last year....

He did everything we asked of him. Him and Craig Cook now are vying for one spot in the Aces team..

Maybe both should have 'thrown' the odd race here and there to get themselves below an 8.00 average?

Could have easily lost against many riders of slightly lower capability and we the fans wouldn't have bat an eyelid...

They however didn't, as guess what? Trying to win Speedway races, meetings and trophies, meant something to them...

If I was a rider on or around an 8 pt average two thirds of the way through next season, I may be getting the calculator out race by race to see how much I am allowed to score to keep me in a job the following year...!

Edited by mikebv

And won't next year either?

Is that correct?

If so, and they are in the bottom three next year, then expect "the top four" to win next year's vote on teams strengths..

A 'little bit farcical' sometimes isn't it the way the Sport is run?

Kenny Bjerre was great for us last year....

He did everything we asked of him. Him and Craig Cook now are vying for one spot in the Aces team..

Maybe both should have 'thrown' the odd race here and there to get themselves below an 8.00 average?

Could have easily lost against many riders of slightly lower capability and we the fans wouldn't have bat an eyelid...

They however didn't, as guess what? Trying to win Speedway races, meetings and trophies, meant something to them...

If I was a rider on or around an 8 pt average two thirds of the way through next season, I may be getting the calculator out race by race to see how much I am allowed to score to keep me in a job the following year...!

Exactly. And what would people do? they'd say they were cheating.

Well, it's no more cheating, in my book, than sides getting together and voting riders out of the teams above you (and quite possibly the league).