British Speedway Forum

They always release stuff at the end, you will just have to be patient!! But tbh I am not sure I would be desperate to know what they have decided if I were you! :D

They always release stuff at the end, you will just have to be patient!! But tbh I am not sure I would be desperate to know what they have decided if I were you! :D

Yes maybe I read the BSPA comment to literally on Friday when they said they would release news as they got it.

Your last comment doesn't bode well then.

Anyway all will be revealed (hopefully) in the coming day or so. Lets hope at least part of it is an indication of a way forward for the sport ;)

Yes maybe I read the BSPA comment to literally on Friday when they said they would release news as they got it.

Your last comment doesn't bode well then.

Anyway all will be revealed (hopefully) in the coming day or so. Lets hope at least part of it is an indication of a way forward for the sport ;)

My last comment means don't get your hopes up, you'll only be disappointed!

Yes but then they issue a corrected and more accurate one to meet the Speedway Star deadline!!!!

Which is when they realise the mistakes and get rid of some of the ambiguity of certain decisions, not all, just some.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that there's a lot of problems with getting fixed race nights. Too often the promoters take their own interest first & do not see the long term benefits. We'll probably get yet another mish-mash of changes which will not help the sport at all. I wait in dread!

• Like 1

I'm guessing that there's a lot of problems with getting fixed race nights. Too often the promoters take their own interest first & do not see the long term benefits. We'll probably get yet another mish-mash of changes which will not help the sport at all. I wait in dread!

It might be that too many clubs want the same night which will restrict the number of available meetings per year, if many want the same night it will mean some clubs will only have one meeting at home every two weeks, rain offs would cause issues.

J9NJJVbF_normal.jpgSpeedwayGB @SpeedwayGB

WE fully understand why everyone is so keen for news from the AGM. However, every item on the agenda has to be considered and debated thoroughly and until final agreements are in place it would not be prudent to issue updates. Thank you for your patience.

And right too. Clearly there has been a lot to discuss and debate and get right as best they can. Waiting 24 hours is no big deal.

• Like 2

It might be that too many clubs want the same night which will restrict the number of available meetings per year, if many want the same night it will mean some clubs will only have one meeting at home every two weeks, rain offs would cause issues.

I hated it when Wolves shared tracks with the Spoons(Heathens). Fortnightly speedway - awful. :cry:

• Like 1

We say every year is the biggest AGM. This year it really is. And I suppose it's going to be tense and difficult to sort it all.

We know they want set race nights. The championship boys dont. So there is already a big conflict of interest to sort out.

We all know finding a happy medium is not easy. 3 days is not a lot of time to find that.

Let's hope then that they opt for one big league racing on the nights the clubs/promoters/fans want - makes more sense

Taking their own interest rather than turkeys voting for Christmas - makes more sense

You'd think the Championship promoters would want set race nights for the Premiership to stop any clashes with doubling up?

They probably do. But the Thursday clubs will want to keep there race nights. It isn't going to be easy to sort out and for everyone to agree