British Speedway Forum

Purely from a Wolves perspective all home would have to be monday due to dogs thursday. That being said, when would the 'off'' race night be? Tuesday has been used in the past but then you run into Swedish clashes so the original availability problem resurfaces. How's that look from other track's 'off' racenights? Clashes/track unavailability?

I think Poole can do both Mon and Thurs. Personally speaking I would rather Poole rode on a Thurs. Could Wolves ride on a Weds? Is there a reason why that day isn't being used?

CookieIpswich wrote " Credibility and integrity is what has to come from the AGM"

​Oh Yes and that has been promised from Rob Godfrey himself in the SS today - so it must be true! LOL

We all "know" from the leaks so far that One Big League has been discounted and some teams will move up on fixed nights, but I too hope we don't have too many "missed planes" by Famous Star Riders and r/r popped in at the last minute. Or is that the name of a new medical condition only recently discovered ( this coming weekend )?

Edited by waytogo28

Joke rules in speedway...should never be rewarded for failure. But I suppose whilst whilst fans think joke rules are okay then it's always gonna be a joke.

Never fails to amaze me the level of intellect with speedway fans.

One of the rare things speedway has got spot on and still you get a few idiots moaning.

The joke here is this post.

It was changed because Jon Cook claimed when his team didnt win all the point at home fans felt like they had lost. Ironically the next season they lost quite a few at home anyway :D What next, give the home team 3 points just for turning up so you never leave having felt like you have lost?

3-2-1-0-1-2-3-4 was a good system, I'd like to see it go back.

Spot on, the system was perfect before.

• Like 1

No.. Its the sport that's the joke...which is why it's down to its minimal support. See any sponsors lined up?? No? Obviously they don't want to be associated with such a joke. What's gonna happen when the oldies pass on? The joke as I know it will pass on with them.

Edited by baldyman

Think we could use a few Wednesdays as Denmark's only has a few clubs and not race every week.

Think we could use a few Wednesdays as Denmark's only has a few clubs and not race every week.

They run their much smaller league in two blocks Early Summer and Late Summer, so their effect is quite minimal on our leagues.

No.. Its the sport that's the joke...which is why it's down to its minimal support. See any sponsors lined up?? No? Obviously they don't want to be associated with such a joke. What's gonna happen when the oldies pass on? The joke as I know it will pass on with them.

Which has nothing at all to do with the scoring system.

• Like 1

So the AGM is tomo. Looks set to be set race nights (mon & Thursday) there for stopping missing riders

So.......

What day would you prefer????? Mon or Thurs

And if it was the same team week in week out with no guest (excluding injuries of course) do you think the crowds would improve????

For me i'd go with Monday for belle vue

And

I think the crowd could improve. And if only 1 rider is Injured then I think they should have to use R/R no matter where in the team they are.

All teams should have to name a no8 at start of season and if a reserve is injured then the no8 replaces

Wolves will have to be Monday's, no other choice with dogs on a Thursday

Nonsense my mum understands it and she never watches any, actually last time she saw a live meeting Jason Doyle was riding for the IOW!!!

Now thats a while ago..