British Speedway Forum

Not happy with this at all.

SWC is one of my favourite events of the year and had many a good day out at King's Lynn.

The idea is to aspire to the standard of Poland (as difficult as that is) not simply dilute the event so someone else has a chance of winning.

Next step will be to have the sgp with one rider from each country and call that the world cup as well!

Nope.Not for me.SWC was as others have said one of the highlights of the season.And although it is likely Poland would win for the next few years,it was only a while ago Sweden shocked us all and won against the odds

You don't bugger around with one of the few things that works in speedway :nono:

• Like 4

Im not a fan of them or the Sponsor concept but theres nothing going back to Nations as the originally did

Yes there is. The FIM will not allow them to use national teams as BSI holds the rights. It's for this reason One Sport had to change the best pairs from nations to sponsored Edited by Noodles

A stupid idea in my opinion, but a typical speedway one. Why do Poland win the World Cup so often? Because they have the best team.

Even in the primes 70s and 80s era, the pairs always seemed a less important meeting than the WTC.

At least it's not just British speedway that makes dumb decisions.

The World Cup always provided the best racing of the year. So they scrap it!

Presumably we are just seeing teams of 2 now. Means nothing. Not an individual champ. Not a team champ. Just a best pair. Meh.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

It will still be good racing and the quality or rider should actually be upped with just 2 from every country.

However I grachan, SWC always provided brilliant racing

I sincerely hope this is just a temporary goodbye to the 4 per team version..t

wonder if this will be a fixed pair plus reserve or without a reserve.

my preference is a squad of three and able to use any of two at any point, allowing the team manager something to do

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1

EVIDENCE?

Well you can take my testimony alongside so many here.

If it makes you happy.

Probably the worst decision that BSI have made.

They have the crown Jewels in their possession.

And bin them for a tin-pot rehash of the One-Sport crap.

Shame on them.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 5

Stopping the competiton because Poland are the most likely to win makes as much sense as cancelling the SGP Series when Rickardsson was most dominant.

This years competition was one of the best I have had the pleasure to be involved in.

Three surprise packages in Russia. Latvia, and of course USA.

Denmarks shock elimination

GB winning easily in their semi final without Tai

A packed out stadium for the final

The idea of alternating SWC and Pairs would not be so bad. Speedway has an annual World Cup where in other sports its every four years. Perhaps every two years with Pairs in between would be more ideal?

• Like 1

Stopping the competiton because Poland are the most likely to win makes as much sense as cancelling the SGP Series when Rickardsson was most dominant.

This years competition was one of the best I have had the pleasure to be involved in.

Three surprise packages in Russia. Latvia, and of course USA.

Denmarks shock elimination

GB winning easily in their semi final without Tai

A packed out stadium for the final

The idea of alternating SWC and Pairs would not be so bad. Speedway has an annual World Cup where in other sports its every four years. Perhaps every two years with Pairs in between would be more ideal?

It was only a packed stadium because it was in Poland and they were going to win.