British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2018

First two meetings done and it is looking very promising for a great season.Just needs the fans back in force to support the riders and .the management..So come on folks get on down to the raceway next Friday to see off those Witches...

• Like 1

On 25/03/2018 at 7:17 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I think lakeside will top the league this season with young Zach and Ben Morley be the surprise A lot of people in his league maybe not you guys who have seen plenty of them both but I think both will put more than 2points on there average..

Ben Morley puts 2 pts on his average I'll give you the money myself lmao

• 2 weeks later...

Just bringing  the thread back to the first page, revised dates for the CS matches against Ipswich have been announced. Ipswich come to us next Friday, 13th (perish the thought!) with the return at Foxhall Heath, Saturday 21st.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking back over the results so far, I think Will Pottinger has been pretty astute in his reserve switches. It seems whenever the score line is tight and Alfie and Ben are together, Will switches Zak for Alfie to strengthen that pairing then switches Alfie and Zak when Zak is out with Richard which theoretically weakens it but Richard invarably wins it to keep a 3-3, b and Alfie gets his minimum 3 rides.

Considering the way a lot of other clubs fans moan about the ineptitude of their T.Ms I think Will has been on the ball so far. Certainly doing a better job than Neil Vatcher.

Hope Alfie is OK after a very nasty spill at Mildenhall today.

Have seen him ride a number of times against the Witches in the last 12 months and he has impressed me with the way he atracks his races.

I think he has something about him that many others dont and was glad to see him get his chance.

Thought the Newman hoodoo had struck again too but thankfully I understand he should be all OK

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Daytripper said:

Just looking back over the results so far, I think Will Pottinger has been pretty astute in his reserve switches. It seems whenever the score line is tight and Alfie and Ben are together, Will switches Zak for Alfie to strengthen that pairing then switches Alfie and Zak when Zak is out with Richard which theoretically weakens it but Richard invarably wins it to keep a 3-3, b and Alfie gets his minimum 3 rides.

Considering the way a lot of other clubs fans moan about the ineptitude of their T.Ms I think Will has been on the ball so far. Certainly doing a better job than Neil Vatcher.

Completely agree - very pleased with our new manager so far.

Will is doing a good job thus far, hopefully he is able to keep the riders motivated because that's part and parcel of the job too, but in some cases the riders might also need to be calmed down when its not going right, a team manager should always be more than choosing the riding order and making subs.

As for the former manager that's been mentioned, a wet towel could have done a better job than him.

I also agree that Will is doing a good job. His use of reserve switches has been very on the ball.

As for Neil Vatcher, whilst he may indeed not have been an inspiring team manager, he does seem to have done an excellent job with the youth speedway set up. There has been a steady stream of kids with high potential coming through the system in the last two or three years. Perhaps he's found his calling?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bryce said:

I also agree that Will is doing a good job. His use of reserve switches has been very on the ball.

As for Neil Vatcher, whilst he may indeed not have been an inspiring team manager, he does seem to have done an excellent job with the youth speedway set up. There has been a steady stream of kids with high potential coming through the system in the last two or three years. Perhaps he's found his calling?

Totally agree he has produced probably the best crop of new riders we have seen for years.

If only this had been set up years ago!