British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2018

Don't know if its been mentioned on here but the Lakeside Hammers will have a stall at this years celebration of speedway at Paradise Park, I think this is the first time that they have been represented at such an event and its nice to see it finally happen.

Hopefully the weather will be warmer than it is at present come the 18th

If it’s true that Kennett and Nicholls are being allowed to drop down I’d be absolutely fuming if I was the Lakeside management. Stopped from signing two riders (incorrectly it turns out) but allowed to sign two others (incorrectly it turns out) and having their team totally screwed up.

Edited by SCB

6 minutes ago, SCB said:

If it’s true that Kennett and Nicholls are being allowed to drop down I’d be a solutly fuming if I was he Lakeside management. Stopped from signing two riders (incorrectly it turns out) but allowed to sign two others (incorrectly it turns out) and having their team totally screwed up.

Surely this is the reason why, whether rule was right or wrong, it should never be overturned:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCB said:

If it’s true that Kennett and Nicholls are being allowed to drop down I’d be absolutely fuming if I was the Lakeside management. Stopped from signing two riders (incorrectly it turns out) but allowed to sign two others (incorrectly it turns out) and having their team totally screwed up.

If true all speedway fans should be fuming because it highlights once again we have a so called governing body that dosnt know whether it’s on its base or its apex and hasn’t got a clue what it’s doing. This situation would just about be acceptable if it were sorted within a week of the AGM but to dither around for three months in each case puts it beyond farce. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

If true all speedway fans should be fuming because it highlights once again we have a so called governing body that dosnt know whether it’s on its base or its apex and hasn’t got a clue what it’s doing. This situation would just about be acceptable if it were sorted within a week of the AGM but to dither around for three months in each case puts it beyond farce. 

But “all speedway fans” can’t/won’t be fuming because they’ve been complaining about the injustice of a rule that’s has existed for 20 of the last 21 years being implimented!

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, liam said:

Just been reading this on Twitter. £26k he is owed. Disgraceful. Iam shocked why he continued to ride.

Because even in this type of circumstance he wouldve received a ban  and fine for with holding his services!!