British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2018

Despite the club offering season tickets at reduced prices for a promotional period there has been no conformation of the proposed choice of race night, I contacted the club to explain that as a season ticket holder of some years standing there are some nights that I am unable to attend (Thursdays) as yet I am still awaiting a response. any thoughts on this?  

It is to the club's discredit that they have not responded to you at all.

Personally, I cannot see Thursday ever being a night of choice for the Hammers - Fridays and Saturdays are favourite.

i dont think you will get either night (fri/sat) as they are already taken . worky tried for friday and were turned down .what day does somerset ride , isnt lawson riding for them ?

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i dont think you will get either night (fri/sat) as they are already taken . worky tried for friday and were turned down .what day does somerset ride , isnt lawson riding for them ?

Keep up Jenga. Premiership will ride Mondays & Wednesdays & some Thursdays(Swindon at home). Friday, as you say, should be a no no as Workington were refused a change of race night:angry:  so Saturday should be their option.:unsure: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StevePass said:

Thanks guys for the response guess still wait and see

I think you can take it as read that there will be not Thursday race nights. The whole reason Cook had to decline the Premier League was because mid week race nights don't pay. Friday/Saturday have been the only viable race nights for years, and that's what it seems it will be.

40 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Keep up Jenga. Premiership will ride Mondays & Wednesdays & some Thursdays(Swindon at home). Friday, as you say, should be a no no as Workington were refused a change of race night:angry:  so Saturday should be their option.:unsure: 

cheers , but how do you keep up with rules and regulations when there are so many loopholes and get out clauses that can be built/added on to what should be a simple rule/regulation ?

we ALL cant keep up , even the mupps that run it cant do that . cheers , anyhow . 

I cannot see anyway that Jon Cook would apply to join the Championship without assurances that Hammers would get Friday or Saturday as their race night. Any other night and we might as well pack up now.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Argos said:

Most teams are more or less complete now and I still stand by my view that Lakeside will be the team to beat 

I think we will definitely be fighting at the top, I am surprised that I’ve seen some people say this team won’t make the play offs.

26 minutes ago, Argos said:

Most teams are more or less complete now and I still stand by my view that Lakeside will be the team to beat 

So you should when you are allowed to build to 44 points rather than 42.50 like every other team ;):P

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So you should when you are allowed to build to 44 points rather than 42.50 like every other team ;):P

We have merely adopted the Poole methodology in our team building strategy!:D

18 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well it worked for Edinburgh in 2010, but I don't think a burger is involved in this case.