British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2018

Recently read an article about James Shanes returning to Poole and thought he would be an excellent addition but then started to think we cannot sign any riders who double up if we remain in the championship and Premiership race nights are set on Monday's and Thursdays, we would also potentially be racing teams who regularly would have lots of guests as they have got double up riders.

The only way would be change race day , Seems like Sheffield have lots of decisions to make off track before team building can commence.

I would hate to see guests galore on a Thursday.

Recently read an article about James Shanes returning to Poole and thought he would be an excellent addition but then started to think we cannot sign any riders who double up if we remain in the championship and Premiership race nights are set on Monday's and Thursdays, we would also potentially be racing teams who regularly would have lots of guests as they have got double up riders.

The only way would be change race day , Seems like Sheffield have lots of decisions to make off track before team building can commence.

I would hate to see guests galore on a Thursday.

I think if the fixed race nights come in for the Premiership then there will not be Championship racing on those nights.

I think if the fixed race nights come in for the Premiership then there will not be Championship racing on those nights.

Thats what i thought.... be interesting what happens to Ipswich, Redcar and Sheffield , Sunday avoided for Poland, Tuesday would i assume be avoided as thats Sweden, that then also restricts the dates available to fulfill a full fixture list as would make a lot of teams riding on the same day/night so lots of potential clashes

Edited by psycho3a

Something I encountered recently in a completely non-speedway context gave me an inkling that Ty Proctor may be on his way back to Owlerton.

ty announced at the end of season doo @ workington that he enjoyed his season there and would like to return next season . so lets see !

I could not make the meeting so can't comment. but it's just my opinion.

in all honesty he did have some mediocre meetings this season at owlerton but was pretty impressive in that final meeting.maybe he needs some better equipment, not sure, but he is an entertaining rider to watch and gives 100% and for that reason would love to see him back in sheffield colours.

garret too many demons at sheffield and too injury prone.give me ty over him all day

Think we'll have to agree to disagree! Proctor for me is at his level, I can't see him improving on his average. Whereas Jason on pretty much the same average can easily stick a point on it if his heads in the right place.

Think we'll have to agree to disagree! Proctor for me is at his level, I can't see him improving on his average. Whereas Jason on pretty much the same average can easily stick a point on it if his heads in the right place.

maybe some substance to what you are saying but that is the big problem, his head never is.too inconsistent for me.

Garrity = No thanks.

Probably going to get some heat for this but - how about Ben Wilson at reserve ?

decent call but ben and who at reserve?