British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2018

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It will take you 10 mins to get from the stadium to Queen Street Station, I will let someone advise on the Waverley one as I am not too sure.  

Appreciate the info Gazc, 10 minutes seems ok, +1 hour from Glasgow to Edinburgh, and thanks for the message

It will be Friday 1st June  v Scunthorpe, I will message you a bit nearer the time

The cab querie was getting a taxi from Ashfield back to Edinburgh if no trains were unavailable

Coming to the speedway was not my reason to come to Scotland, but would love to catch a meeting while I'm there

38 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

Appreciate the info Gazc, 10 minutes seems ok, +1 hour from Glasgow to Edinburgh, and thanks for the message

It will be Friday 1st June  v Scunthorpe, I will message you a bit nearer the time

The cab querie was getting a taxi from Ashfield back to Edinburgh if no trains were unavailable

Coming to the speedway was not my reason to come to Scotland, but would love to catch a meeting while I'm there

Mis-understood on the taxi query it will take around 1 hour to the centre of Edinburgh and 70-80 pounds or thereabouts.

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Mis-understood on the taxi query it will take around 1 hour to the centre of Edinburgh and 70-80 pounds or thereabouts.

Thanks, I'll  have to have a think about it, really wanted to stay in Edinburgh both night's but will perhaps look into staying in Glasgow

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Hotel prices in Central Edinburgh at that time of year are extortionate.

So I see, but coming from the south east it's similar to London or any other European city so have found a couple reasonable deals, but they are based on 2 night's hence not really wanting to stay in Glasgow although will spend the day there Friday to see the sights

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wiseguy said:

So I see, but coming from the south east it's similar to London or any other European city so have found a couple reasonable deals, but they are based on 2 night's hence not really wanting to stay in Glasgow although will spend the day there Friday to see the sights

Kelvingrove Museum andTransport Museum are well worth a visit and are free entry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiseguy said:

The Gorbals regeneration is worth a look, on second thoughts give that a miss, but seriously you are only 30 minutes from the cente of Glasgow to Loch Lomond National park one of Scotlands most scenic areas.

Plenty going on in both cities enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Does anyone have any idea who is responsible for the Official Tigers Facebook previews of matches? This week's a cracker :unsure:

two Ronnies stuff . but it keeps the fans happy .

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, SharpenRake said:

Does anyone have any idea who is responsible for the Official Tigers Facebook previews of matches? This week's a cracker :unsure:

Looks as if its a marketing agency called Too Gallus and presumably there not doing it for nothing. Wonder what they'll come up with to positively hype rider replacement and guests. Tomorrow could give us a clue with r/r/ for Paul Starke and Charles Wright guesting for Chris Harris

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Tigers better hope Vissing doesn't have his usual mid season slump or they could be struggling.

We already are struggling machinery seems to be the issue for most.

This is mind blowing going into June shortly, only Kerr & Vissing performing consistently.